Not sure where to start

Old 03-05-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure where to start

Hi guys! I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a daily reader for two years now. I don't even know where to start so I have been hesitant to post. I originally came to SR due to my AH but am also dealing with my AS now. Looking back 2 yrs, the issue was there then but I didn't realize it yet. It's been a tough week and reading here is such a blessing.

Thank you all!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad that you are here Jaeger! Feel free to start anywhere if you want - or just read - whatever works for you. This is a great group of supportive folks and we're happy you are with us!

I hope the rest of your week improves!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Jaeger! This is an excellent place to share. we are all parents, siblings or children of our A's. It is a wonderful place to read our stories and get a perspective which may differ from someone who is married or dating an addict. God Bless.
TT
Old 03-05-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jaeger

We're sorry you need to be here, but glad you found us.
It helps to share and lean on each other.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Hi Jaeger

I can relate to your post. Whilst I was so busy trying to help my alcoholic sister who passed away, I neglected to realize and see that my son was on meth. I too came here originally for my asister..

Sometimes we are so focused on one thing and don't see another. Its hard to wonder sometimes why so much of this is shoveled our way. We love our children so much. I wish you well.

all I can advise is to think about yourself and your own wellbeing.

Love to you JJ
Old 03-31-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jaeger, I too focused all my energy on AS1. Not realizing my second son was struggling as well. He was good at making it all about his brother. The brother code. Now that he is away at rehab I am realizing. He is also struggling. Is going to a counselor every week who says has saved his life during this.... Feel awful cause I feel like should have been me but working thru it.... I haven't been here long but have learned a great deal from the other moms for sure...educate yourself so much. It's different when it's a child. I feel like.