For the parents...daily support thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Sending a hug your way, TF. I am sorry for your great pain today.

Is it sunny & warm where you are? Get some fresh air, soak up some warmth, cry if you need to.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Dearest TwoFish, Please feel the warm hug and whisper that it will all be okay. Praying for peace and love in your heart. And be comforted in knowing that your daughter and your dear grand baby know how much you love them.
Hugs
TT
Old 04-30-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is grief TwoFish. I've had two grandchildren ripped away from me.
It's really hard and it's a deep heartache. My granddaughter is 18 now and the other one I can't see is only 6. I went through a long period of grief with both of them. It does get easier.

Lots of hugs and prayers.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Twofish. I think it helps to acknowledge the grief and to try to sit with it a little. But please try not to let yourself stay in the darkness too long. All the tools that you have used before will continue to help you through these rocky times. And we will be there walking with you too.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Thank you all,
I really mean it!!
You can't do this
alone
TF
Old 05-01-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Regarding the above post...

I couldn't or can't do it alone.
And I truly tried. I gave it my all.
TF
Old 05-02-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Twofish. You don't have to do it alone. I know I'm still just a newby but you all saved me when I first found out about my son. You gave me hope. My heart breaks for you. I can't imagine but I know I may have to. I am leaving to fly and see my son in second rehab today. Praying he's getting on board. Ready to say sober living and not moms house. I learned that from this forum and my meetings that mommys house. Isn't recovery house. So when you say so hard in active addiction to deal with them agreed. It's not what moms are suppose to be doing. Love nurture etc. Dealing with addiction feels like it goes against everything I am use to be as a mom. I wanna help and love and say sure come home but I know it's not what I know how to do this early in recovery. Please try and take care of you.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Dear TwoFour, I hope you have a great visit with your son.
Hugs
TT
Old 05-02-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Me, too! Enjoy all you can, TwoFour!
Old 05-02-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Two fish, I promise you... We KNOW you gave it all you've got. The addict is so wrapped up in his own selfishness, he just doesn't care......if someday it turns around, it will have all been worth it. Hang in there.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Twofish, just on after being away due to work assignment and seeing so much here. It is grief...and it is hard...and glad you are on here instead of trying to go it alone...which I often do and it doesn't work. It takes time...and effort...know that you are loved and cared about.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi all, have been away for a bit...due to good news...a job assignment that took up my time and attention...but have missed all and want to say hi. Did see my daughter 2 weeks ago (after 11 months where she chose to be out of contact and couldn't find her); it was good. She is out of contact again...that is her pattern...however, it was good for me to see that she is alive and held my boundaries (which was having a lot of problems with the past 2 years. God bless to all...will need to read to catch up...but will. Love and hugs to all.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Dearest seren, so happy to hear about your doctoral defense...that is just awesome!!!
Old 05-08-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hello all. I did have a great visit with my son. It was intense with our very public counseling sessions. He looked amazingly healthy He sounded on board this time but so afraid to trust it.... They had some very very different non conventional ways to get to these younger addicts. I pray. Missed being on here. I had no access while away
Old 05-08-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Great news, TwoFour! Please share some of the unconventional methods if you gave time.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I have to get to work but I absolutely will later
Old 05-08-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi Mommas, totally off topic: I am headed to the great Grand Canyon with my daughter and my hubby and visiting sister in law and niece and nephew. Should be "fun" spending 9 hours in the car with 2 teenage girls and a hyper 12 year old boy LOL! Sending good prayers and hugs to our group. Hope you all have peace on Mothers day. I know it is one of the hardest "holidays" to deal with when we have our addicts in our life. I will be missing my two sons during this Mothers day, but I have peace in knowing that they both love me.
No other updates on JJ. He is working his program and I am staying out of his way.
Hugs
TT
Old 05-08-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Ingal, It was. A room of 45 people. All addicts. All around 20 to 26. The director was just raw. Many many f... Words directed at them. Bugging poking and poking till my son couldn't take it anymore and started to lash out then cry but really pulled stuff out. About divorce stuff about his dad. Really ground breaking moments. Don't know if it has any impact but it was sad. Gut wrenching. But. His sorta non conventional way seemed to get thru. Recovering addict himself. Who knows what's right and wrong. I had to have an open mind And I pray for him to continue. He laughed a little. Smiled a lot after diggin deep. Open for anything that could offer what he needs to move forward. Lots of hugs and I am hopeful. Thanks for all the posts.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Twofour! I'm so glad you were able to visit and hope that your son will continue to work through all the things that trouble him.

T...that sounds like quite a trip Have fun....and hang in there!!

Iris, I'm so glad that you have been digging into that new job!! I'm so glad you were able to see your daughter and way to go on upholding your boundaries
Old 05-09-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Two Four...so glad to hear...that sounds like a good technique based on some of the things I tried myself (in therapy with older 2 daughters when they were using) and it helped a lot...still took lots of time.

ilovemysonjj--happy happy vacation...sounds good to me...even with all the activity from 12 year olds and other.

twofish...praying and sending love!!!