Nar-Anon Meeting Opened My Eyes.......

Old 09-30-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nar-Anon Meeting Opened My Eyes.......

So, I thought I understood the word, "amends" until I attended this meeting and had my understanding become more clear.

I always thought an amends was merely an apology, but this particular evening, we had a "double winner" explain the difference between an amends and an apology. An apology is just words, whereas an amends is a commitment to change. Change is what I've always wanted, I guess that's why apologies seemed so shallow.

I love the process of learning and then learning some more: it explains the term, "progress not perfection."
Old 10-10-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I like that explanation. I found some of my greatest "aha" moments at live meetings, and so much wonderful support.

I'm glad you found something good there too and hope you keep "coming back".

Hugs
Old 10-11-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that is an awesome explanation and it explains why some of my 'aha' moments have been so impactful...they were when I understood the difference between superficial and real change and was ready and able to make those changes regardless of the consequences.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Naranon is great, for me, after months and months of alanon where they preach being kind to the emotionally abusive active alcoholic in my life, , Naranon opened my eyes, by recognizing the chaos the active addict causes in everybody they encounter, and the little blue booklet in naranon, quickly points out the manipulation the addict does.
It got me on the right track