Notices

I'm having a rough nite

Old 01-14-2005, 10:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Unhappy I'm having a rough nite

I just want to take some vics. I'm exhausted my back is killing me and I'm sitting here crying because I feel that if I take some I'll at least not care about being sick or my back.

I won't take any, hell I don't even have any or access to any.
Just a rough nite. I guess I'm not going to sleep tonight either.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Steelerfan.Do you have anyone from your meetings you can call?Stay on line here at SR if you need to.We are here for you.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Thank you. Actually I think I'm going to go grocery shopping? Why not, I'm awake, we need food, It will take my mind off of the vics. They say the craving only lasts 7 seconds right? Well, I can hang for 7 seconds.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

chill out darlin. is there something nice you could do for yourself like a nice bath with nice soaps and salts or maybe just try to take the pressure off and think of something else- just dont give in. you only need to not touch this ONE THIng and if you can achieve that tonite- the nite is WON. think of tomorrow. i wish i had better advice....but goodluck!!!!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I like your advice!! Instead of shopping, I'm going to go take a long hot bubble bath!!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

but really - stay with it!!!! remember how quickly you can slip up (well this is what i find anyway)- its best to be aware of each and every moment - what is the reality of this moment?? i'm having a bath-- ooh a nice warm bath and stay "on it" if u get me- be aware. if you r experiencing pain, being aware of what is happening is good cos then you can atleast just sit with it- and doing that is an achievment in itself. i ADMIRE the people who r feeling pain and letting the clock tick. feeling the addiction- yes FEELING that it is present but its not gonna be allowed in.

i'm just as guilty as anyone- we always want MORE for our moment - and the moment we r content, we suddenly feel like we could imprve it- if we just did this...then we scrap the contentedness that sprung out of a sudden simplicity. mm. SIMPLICITY. - you have done excellent just by jumping on the net and saying- you feel in pain. youre doing well in my opinion.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Feeling sick and wanting something to just make it go away....

Being on BP meds the vics is not a good idea for me anyways.
I survived and when I did fall to sleep, I slept like a baby and in the morning I felt much better. (no vics was needed)
We can get through it. One moment at a time if need be.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by best
Being on BP meds the vics is not a good idea for me anyways.

When you say BP do you mean bipolar disorder or Blood pressure?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Blood pressure.
Can't even take dristan per the Dr.
Lived through it and am feeling better daily.

Last year I did the niteqill and in just 3 day(nights use) I could feel the need for more. Addiction feeling was coming on fast and strong.
Am thinking no more is the best way... even when I don't need the BP meds.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Steelerfan,
We have all had those cravings. I find changing my routine helped me a lot.
Your idea of shopping is good, so is calling a friend or sponsor is even better.
Keep posting if you need us.
Dawn
Old 01-15-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How ya doing today?

Hang in there.. it may take a while but our bodies can produce natural pain killers and there are other methods of pain management that work better than drugs over the long run.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Ugh, I'm exhausted, but still clean. I ended up taking a bath, and then going to Wal Mart. I am in a LOT of pain, so I took a "Lodine" for it. ( non narcotic anti inflammitory) and it made me puke. So much for that!!

I'm just taking Motrin for now. I just have to remember that I can beat this. Cravings don't last that long, and I am CONTROL of my life now and my addiction, not the other way around.

Thanks for the great advice everyone!!
Old 01-15-2005, 09:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Man, It sucks to be an addict. (I know) Can you take some tylenol or something? There are lots of non-addictive over the counter meds. Try one. It might help. And if you dont want to do that, use a heating pad where it hurts. If its all over, move the heating pad around! Good luck, you rock!!! Stephanie
Old 01-15-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Smile

How are you doing?
Here are a few pain relief suggestions for your back and craving diversions.
Try Aleve, if you have one of those shower massage attachments in your shower, use it on pulse. If you don't, maybe a trip back to Walmart! They aren't expensive and easy to install. Someone else suggested a heating pad and that is also good, but I also have used good old "Ben-Gay" rub. It really works for me and is even better after a warm shower. Get up and walk around more often, the exercise helps the muscles aches.
Find a good book, a good movie or something that will relax you, a cup of tea and the old stand by--chocolate. It can release some endorphins that will help mild to mod pain and the cravings.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Roxann, just wondering how you are doing today. Hope the day has found you well.

Hope
Old 01-18-2005, 05:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Much better today than that nite. I am still having trouble sleeping and still craving...but I am clean for 13 days now so......

Thank you for asking. ((HUGS))