Notices

One year clean but almost relapsing HELP

Old 07-30-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One year clean but almost relapsing HELP

HI everyone

I have an extensive past with dope like many others. I have been involved in the NA program for some time now inside and outside of the walls. I have been clean for 15 months now ( no meds, no DRT nothing)
I have done a lot in my recovery. I just recently graduated a 2-year college program. been excepted to University which I start in Sept. I attend counseling and have not been involved with criminal activity period. My questions pertains to relapse as I have been ok and have had no craving for any drugs but one (crack) which is not even my drug of choice. I am wanting to use more it more than ever. But I also do not. big time Cognitive Dissonance happening.
Alos just started working step 4 and am half way through it. Also just lost my job and ya lots of other stressors. ANY HELP OR EXPERIENCE ???
Old 07-31-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Hi hamiltonboy8585,

Congrats on your 15 months clean! It sounds to me like your plate is pretty full and the pressure of having so many irons in the fire may be taking a toll on you. It has been many years since I've experienced cravings to use a drug but I do recall what it feels like. My experience is that thinking about using or wanting to use are feelings that usually pass as long as I don't act on them. The oldtimers would always tell me to increase my meeting attendance whenever I felt like using and to make sure I told on my disease. It always helped me to stay close to the fellowship during those times and allow other members to walk me through it. As they say, "this too shall pass," and we hold on to our clean time come hell or high water!! Keep up the good work and just remember how far you've come.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi HamiltonBoy

I think finding more support is always a good idea if you feel wobbly - and you'll find a lot of that here

Welcome

D