JFT June 18, 2017

Old 06-18-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

JFT June 18, 2017

June 18, 2017

Indirect amends

Page 176

"Indirect amends may be necessary where direct ones would be unsafe or endanger other people."

Basic Text, p. 41

When we used, we allowed nothing to stand in the way of that next high. As a result, many of us didn't always know precisely whom we had injured, either financially or emotionally. When it came time to make amends through our Ninth Step, we found that there were so many people we had victimized that we might never remember them all.

With the help of our sponsor and other recovering members of NA, we found a solution to this obstacle. We vowed to complete these nameless amends by making restitution to our communities. We focused our service efforts on helping the still-suffering addict. In this manner, we found a way to give back to society.

Today, with the love and guidance of members in NA, we are giving back to the world around us rather than taking. We are making our communities better places to live by carrying the message of recovery to those we encounter in our daily lives.

Just for Today: I will make indirect amends by reaching out to an addict who may need help. I will strive in some small way to make my community a better place in which to live.

Copyright (c) 2007-2016, NA World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved