Notices

NarAnon Residential? how to afford for son?

Old 08-30-2004, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Be Free, Give it to God

NarAnon Residential? how to afford for son?

I have Mamsi insurance. my son is 18. he is now addicted to heroin. he is currently in a 5-day program, but they want him to come in 2 days to me. I cant let him come back here. i have to stop being an enabler.

I want him in NarAnon Residential Program but cannot afford it. How do you do it?????????? any one know?

is this program for only the rich?

I have mamsi...........they dont cover this.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

zen77-

welcome!!! the Salvation Army program is free!!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hi and welcome.

I am sorry that your son has a drug problem. Have you thought about getting support help for yourself? Hop on over to our Naranon board if you have not already and get to know some people that have been or are still right where you are. You will find a great deal of friendship and support over there.

Take care and good luck to you.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zen77
I have Mamsi insurance. my son is 18. he is now addicted to heroin. he is currently in a 5-day program, but they want him to come in 2 days to me. I cant let him come back here. i have to stop being an enabler.

I want him in NarAnon Residential Program but cannot afford it. How do you do it?????????? any one know?

is this program for only the rich?

I have mamsi...........they dont cover this.

You are confused.
Neither NarAnon nor Narcotics Anonymous have any sort of residential program.

Richie
Old 08-31-2004, 10:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Be Free, Give it to God

Nar-Anon Residential Programs

http://www.drugrehabamerica.net/

http://www.drug-rehabilitation.info/...bilitation.htm

these two claim to be rehabs of NA
Old 08-31-2004, 11:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, but I did not see anything about Narcotics Anonymous on either of those sites.

I think you should read this though about Narconon fromhttp://www.crackpots.org/

NarCONon is Scientology!

Forward: For a systematic, detailed, professional exposure of Scientology's "Narconon" front group, visit the Narconon Exposed web site.

Defining NarCONon / What is NarCONon?

The Narconon® organization has been exposed to be a ® "Church" of Scientology front which is in no way connected with the real drug addiction treatment program called Narcotics Anonymous.

The Scientology business does not inform people that its Narconon operation is Scientology because they're aware of the likelyhood that no one would sign up for their dubious treatments were they aware of the fact that Narconon is a front group created by a notorious business cult with a long, well known criminal history, using unscientific, dangerous, and ineffective drug treatment proceedures concocted by a pulp science fiction writer.

Anyone contemplating taking the Scientology organization's unscientific and risky "Purification Rundown" proceedure, or participating in any of the cult's other dangerous quack medicial proceedures needs to know the history of the Narconon front group, what courts have ruled about it, what newspapers have discovered and reported, and what the lack of scientific merits for the cult's proceedures mean to individuals who are trying to quit their addictions.

The goals of the Scientology cult would appear to be to use their fake front Narconon as a method of recruitment, preying upon people who are already known by the organization to have addictive personalities, and who are unaware of who actually runs Narconon.

If you or a loved one needs help -- real help -- there are a number of rehabilitation programs you can contact. The real Narcotics Anonymous organization can get you in touch with real people who can help you. Click [HERE] to visit Narcotics Anonymous's web site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't get CONned by NarCONon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop offers his description of Narconon's quack medical claims, calling them "detrimental to your health."

"Choosing drugs was a poor decision which I regret. Choosing Narconon to solve the problem was even a worse decision." -- Comment sent to Operation Clambake.

For more articles exposing the fraud of Narconon, see this link....
http://www.crackpots.org/

and this one..
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/
Old 08-31-2004, 11:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

By the way....Narconon charges about $25,000.00 dollars for their program.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Be Free, Give it to God

Smile to RECOVEREE

Thank You Thank You Thankyou
For Explaining This To Me

How Sad

I Was Almost Mislead By This Fake Organization

They Were Even Talking My Ex Into Paying The Money

Bless You
Old 09-01-2004, 03:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Zen,

Try www.ncadd.org go to the 'affiliates' link, click on the picture of the state you live in, and it will list resources for financial and residential help in your area.