Notices

I am amazed!!!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I am amazed!!!

Hi I am new to recovery help never been to a meeting and when ppl told me to go to meeting i was like (shut up who needs to broadcast there problems in public)SRY

My point is i started reading the thread called WANNA DO A BASIC TEXT STUDY and i am floored.I stayed straight for a yr and a half with out a so called friend.All my friends where users and they freaked out when i said NO to the blast they brought by.It felt so good to say NO!, after about the 7th time I felt high It was such a good high,a real touch from above.The sad part about it was my friends never came around any more so it got real lonely. If I had known then what i know now I would've went to NA for sure.Maybe I would'nt of relaped who knows.

I feel like i'm fighting in a battle is that normal :AR15firin :king:

can't wait to read the 29th post on WANNA DO A BASIC TEXT STUDY
Old 08-06-2004, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

http://nahistory.org/archive.htm
Here's a copy of the Basic Text that you can read on line. It's the first draft, At meetings they have the fifth edition, October will be the Sixth edition. But give yourself a break and read it. Its a book about addicts written by addicts. And Welcome to SR, your around a bunch of great people here.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Rainbow!

A burden shared is a burden lessened.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome to SR... glad you are here.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Still hangin` on...

(((((((((((((((Rainbow)))))))))))
Listen--I just relapsed myself and -yeah--it sucks but.........You have another chance! Take it! We have a choice TODAY to stay clean. Be grateful you made it back--some of us dont! Hang in there--and keep coming! It works if you work it!
Love,
Ann
Old 08-08-2004, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rainbow,

Welcome to SR. Take the suggestions above, get a basic text and read it. Try going to meetings, it is a little scary at first, but soon, rather quickly I need to add, you will meet a group of wonderful, caring people, that you will not only consider them friends, but you will look at them like family. I have never in my life forged such close bonds with anyone. Another thing that can't be beat are the hugs, "There's a mystery to the touch, how it heals so when we're broken.."
Old 08-08-2004, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Truth is the only lasting joy

How It Works

Peace Rainbow, I am an addict named Shakur.
Staying clean for any length of time is a miracle for an addict. Trying to stay clean alone and by myself never worked for me. I only had ME to listen to, and I always would come up with a good reason to use...With the help of others who had been where I was, I learned that there was NO GOOD reason to use. So, I hung out with people who were doing what I was trying to do. Damn, it felt good to have help, to laugh, cry, feel love, help others and have FUN!!!
Meeting makers make it.
Remember, there's strength in numbers...

Welcome to SR, stay a while...
Peace.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank all of you.I'm not clean and I feel a little numb.I know it's a false since of security so when reality hits I'm glad you all will be hear 4 me>>>>>>ty so much

thanx 4 the text godsonmyside
Old 08-10-2004, 08:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm a little late, but would like to welcome you to SoberRecovery. This is a great place to get stuff out, but I agree with the others about the meetings. They saved my life. I get to be around people who understand what I'm going through, because they've been there. Keep coming, and let us get to know you.
Sherry