Notices

NA coloured keyring question.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Attended By a Single Hound

NA coloured keyring question.

Hey, guys...Might seem an odd question, but I wondered is anyone able to tell me in what order the colours go and for how much time each colour symbolises on the NA keyrings?

Seen as I only ended up with a bunch of white keyrings before I left, I'm pretty clueless, but thankfuly still clean lol.

Ta chucks'
Old 10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

The NA Keytags are as follows:

KEYTAGS

White - The international color of surrender. This key tag is for anyone at their first NA meeting, back after a relapse, or just want to surrender to their disease today. Does anyone want to give up their old ways for a new way? Welcome! You are the most important person here!

Orange - Orange we glad we found NA? The color of caution, we should be cautious at 30 days. Avoid old playmates, playgrounds, & playthings. 30 days.

How do we get it? We keep coming back!

Green - Clean & Serene. FROG = Fully Rely On God! The color of money. We aren't spending it on dope anymore. Green for GO! Go to a lot of meetings. The grass is greener on the NA side. Now we're mowing it instead of smoking it. 60 days.

How do we get it? We go to meetings!

Red - Stoplight, stop & look at your program. Thank God we're not dead. We should have RED our Basic Text by now. The color our eyes used to be when we got high, now they are red because we have feelings and we can cry today. 90 days. No slips, dips, or acid trips.

How do we get it? We get a sponsor!

Blue - 1/2 a cake! It's blue so we don't have to be. When we are blue, we can be like BB King, so you don't have to sing the blues to see blue skies. The color of our Basic Text. Hopefully, we've seen one, opened one, better yet, read one by now. 6 months no blunts.

How do we get it? We read the Basic Text!

Yellow, It represents the sun. We can see it when we get up in the morning, instead of coming in after a night of using. There is nothing yellow about being in recovery. We're also pregnant with the program at 9 months.

How do we get it? We don't pick up!

Glow in the Dark - So we don't have to. They also say we have an inner glow at this time. Hopefully, we have a sponsor and a home group by now. A home group is where people call us on our ****. And where they buy us a cake on our 1 year or more clean date. Still here, no beer, pee clear, head clear, full of cheer, see the deer, 1 year.

How do we get it? We work the Steps!

Gray - Battleship gray, the war is over, we never have to use again.The color of the duct tape we'll need to use to duct tape our Basic Text back together. The only one with silver writing. It represents that behind every gray cloud is a silver lining. 18 months.

How do we get it? We do service work!

Black - Keep coming back! Black is the absence of all colors, just like the absence of drugs in our lives. Black is the void, that little chunk of HP that we carry around with us that got us this far! If We keep coming back We'll all have multiples. We've been in the dark long enough. Gold on black because we kept coming back or black on gold because we did what we were told. The color of coal. When coal is compressed it turns into a diamond, and We are all diamonds in the rough. 2 or more years.

How do We get it? We do all of the above!

Welcome to the ones that received white key tags. You're the most important person here because we can only keep what we have by giving it away.

Congratulations to all those that received keytags! Those that didn't don't mean there isn't clean time just in between time. If we keep coming back, I'll see you get yours and you'll see me get mine.

Let's hear it for Just For Today!

Okay, so we don't say all these slogans in our meeting, but I just googled it for you and this popped up and I thought it was cute.

Sheila
Old 10-25-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Pee clear? See the deer? LMAO!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attended By a Single Hound

Lily, you're an absolute star. Hell knows where I was looking 'cause I googled it too and found sweet fa. Cheers chuck!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOL thanks Lily...

some say "blue for seeing the beautiful blue sky ahead and not the blue lights behind us"

I am going to tell my home group about the "RED the basic text by now", haven't heard that one.

Peace,
Missy
Old 10-27-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Women Do Recover!

These things are sooo cute - we never got to say all those funny antics in Los Angeles.

Just newcomer, 30, 60, 90, 6 mo, 9 mo, one year, 18 mos and multiples and the only color I know is Black and gold for multiples and white for the newcomer.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Color key tags in order

White = sign of surrender, pick up 1st when you choose to stay clean with NA
Orange = celebrate 30 days
Green = 60 days
Burgundy / Red = 90 days
Blue = 6 months
Yellow = 9 months
Glow in the Dark = 1 year
Gray = 18 months
Black = 2 years / +

KEEP COMING BACK!! Yours in fellowship, Mimi

Originally Posted by tsukiko View Post
Hey, guys...Might seem an odd question, but I wondered is anyone able to tell me in what order the colours go and for how much time each colour symbolises on the NA keyrings?

Seen as I only ended up with a bunch of white keyrings before I left, I'm pretty clueless, but thankfuly still clean lol.

Ta chucks'
Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
REZ

There is an unapproved purple key tag for multiple decades of recovery. I wonder what we'll say about that one if it gets approved?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

They'll probably say it's excessive. The black keytag already represents multiple years clean.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Here's one common around here "9 months, yellow..urine the right place!"
Old 03-25-2010, 03:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
REZ

"They" may be against it, but I've got one and so do some others in my area. I think its cool. You don't get one until you've be clean for 20 years. That's not easy to do!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Certified NA Counselor

"If you’re tired of dealing with the dope dealer, in Narcotics Anonymous we have a hope dealer"

White – newcomer

The gold writing represents not only what you spent in your disease but what you mean to us now... For anyone new to Narcotics Anonymous or returning from research… For anyone who wants to give up the high cost of low living… Stop the fight, get it white…

(chip chucker) "What do we do now?" (group) "We keep coming back!"

Orange- 30 days

Orange you glad you're clean today? Orange you glad you’re not a newcomer anymore… Orange matches the sponsorship pamphlet… Safety vest orange, by now you should be hunting for a homegroup and a sponsor… Construction cone orange, your recovery should now be under construction… This color is only in style at the detention center, carry the keytag or wear the jumpsuit

Green - 60 days

Green and growing… The grass is greener the NA way… Stay clean, get the green and go for it… It’s the color of lettuce...."let us" show you the way out… This one’s money in your pocket, not the dope man’s… Traffic signal green – means now you should be “GOing” to more meetings.

Red - 90 days

Better red than dead… Get the “red” out of your eyes… Traffic signal red – tells you to stop and look at where you’ve been, but more importantly where you’re going… “Marooned” on Recovery Island… More blood in the drug-stream… You should have even “read” the Basic Text by now…

Old 03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
Here's one common around here "9 months, yellow..urine the right place!"

I'll never look at my yellow one the same way again!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Originally Posted by REZ View Post
"They" may be against it, but I've got one and so do some others in my area. I think its cool. You don't get one until you've be clean for 20 years. That's not easy to do!
I, personally, don't have a problem with a purple keytag representing multiple decades clean. I suspect that one day I'll "qualify" for one. It wasn't easy for me to get every one I have so far, but if it were approved, I'm sure there would be at least 20 members in my area (that I know of) that would qualify for that elite group.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting the colours, I stopped going to NA so I only got the white one and the 30 days. But I wish I still went because I would have all of them almost to one year well it will be one year April 1. Well sort of at least for drugs I drank alcohol about 5 weeks ago so don't know if that counts. I've been going Celebrate recovery I got chips there, not quite the same colours.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Originally Posted by pinkgurl87 View Post
Well sort of at least for drugs I drank alcohol about 5 weeks ago so don't know if that counts.
In NA, alcohol is considered a drug.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I remember hearing the Glow in the Dark tag is so your Sponsor can find you!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Certified NA Counselor

Don’t go, get the glow… An outward representation that recovery is an inside job… So your sponsor can find you … This keytag will light the way to the grey… Even in the darkest times of life this keytag will give you light… Illuminates the path to your recovery… Glow in the dark, not in the park for one whole year! The color of Casper the friendly ghost and like Casper glows in the dark so you don't have to.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

:rotfxko

(chip chucker)