Notices

11 days w/o a benzo

Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 days w/o a benzo

post acute withdrawal is torture. 6 to 24 months is going to be a struggle. People help me!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Not everyone gets PAWS, so try to take it a day at a time, okay?

Have you started going to meetings yet?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No, I have no idea where they take place in the area where I live.

I was wondering, could you be taking benzo's for a year and not experience PAWS?

The PAWS I'm experiencing that are the worst is the depersonalization/derealization, and I think that's where the depression comes from, due to I think on it a lot because the feeling is so bad.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I was on benzos for years. I didn't have any major PAWS symptoms--and, yes, I took well beyond the prescribed dose. I immersed myself in a program of recovery--which may have helped.

Baltimore NA

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

P.S. What you're feeling right now could very well be part of the initial acute withdrawal. I was still testing positive for benzos three weeks after I stopped taking them.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with Sugah, you may still be detoxing your system and having the initial withdrawal.
I switched drugs over the years. I did benzo's for a few years before I went the other direction into stimulants. I am letting you know this so that you know that I detoxed from benzo's on my own (cold turkey) and did not experience PAWS. I felt like a freak for about a month, felt less wierd for another month. 90 days after I quit, I felt ok....then resumed smoking pot as if I didn't have a problem!LOL after that I switched to yet another drug, and another, until my addiction progressed to the point where couldn't live or feel love anymore. After 28 years of using drugs I went through an intensive outpatient treatment where I was encouraged to attend Narcotics Anonymous meetings. I kept using a few more times even after treatment and then I detoxed a final time on my own and got help from Narcotics Anonymous. I have been clean ever since and I'm in reasonably good health.

Meetings and taking the steps is what works for me.

Peace,
Missy
Old 02-28-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Benzos are their own unique hell. But if you are 11 days into withdrawal, you are lucky -- you didn't have a seizure!

I went cold turkey off of 20 milligrams of clonazepam, and lived on that dosage for five years after a 10-year benzo run. Ended up in the hospital, stark raving mad complete with seizures. I have the scars from the restraints on wrists and ankles. That was 161 days ago.

You heal. I'm not out of the woods, but the depression and all are very common. did you have depression before benzos?

And there's this: Watching a really good emotional movie last night, I cried. And I laughed. That's the first time in 160 days!

Hang tough. AA helps me a lot. In fact, if it wasn't for AA, I would still be curled up in the bed sucking my thumb.

Get all the help you can get. Does a doctor know what you're going through?