Notices

My mental health

Old 07-24-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My mental health

Lately, Ive been keeping away from people, Including family and friends. I go out every now and then to hang out but it isn't for long and I feel like I cant tolerate anyone. I've grown to feel so much hate for everyone. I don't know why it's becoming that way. I feel like I just want to be alone and I know that's not a good way to live.

My boyfriend continues to try and get me to open up and I don't like it. It's frustrates me and it makes me cry. I don't want him to carry my sorrows. I've become so negative in my sobriety. I think it's bc I haven't done anything good. I'm scared to advance in life. I feel like I fail at everything. Im a loser that doesn't have anything. What's even worse is I don't know how to change. Specially my way of thinking and self esteem. I'm holding myself back. I'm holding on to so much hate and grudges. I can't forgive. I'm so stuck and I don't know what to do. I don't know who to turn to for help. Im tired, and I want to be happy. I just don't know how.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

once isolated it's so hard to reach out.
don't be scared. there are so many people that are just waiting for you to contact them and be part of your return to connecting.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Stash have you thought about possible talking therapy to help like counseling or cbt I have recently been referred for counseling & I done a course of 6 cbt sessions

Old 07-25-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
When I feel low and at my worst I know that's not the time to isolate. It's time to force myself to reach out for support. I know it's counterintuitive, but there are people who want to help us feel our best and the only way to benefit is to continually throw ourselves out there and let others do for us what we can't do for ourselves.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stash - good on you for reaching out. What you describe sounds like a lot of stuff a dr - psychologist/psych esp- might be helpful in getting you to a better place. Long ago, I accepted that I needed this kind of support and my life is better for it (as well as not drinking, of course!).

Do you go to AA or any group? Can you get yourself to start? Do you know others who are sober, who would be good to spend time with? Even if you don't, talking here and finding people who empathize is a great start.