Notices

feeling so low

Old 11-17-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling so low

I have to talk somewhere and I don't really have anyone I can talk to at 4am. I've so much stress in my life - it's like it never ends and it's causing me anxiety and my depression is trying to rear it's ugly head with all its ugly self hating thoughts and that makes my job extremely unbearable when I don't want to be seen let alone having to talk to people all day. Everything feels so overwhelming to the point I'm clenching my teeth and holding my breath cos I don't know how to control these feelings. I really struggle to deal with this part of my reality sometimes. I don't want to feel this stuff so clearly. I know I need to sleep cos I'm working in the morning but I can't deal with lying down in darkness alone. I'm so daft I quit my medication every time I feel better because I think I'm ok and I am for so long and then life and stress and before I know it I'm freaking out.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

can you go back on your meds 13?

D
Old 11-17-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I need to see my doctor for another prescription - I have holidays to take from work but they like 2 weeks notice but I might just speak to them and see if they can make an allowance. I need to feel less of these feelings so I can actually sort out the things I need to. Which is causing me this stress that's just verging on blowing up in my face. It's all a bit inter related. I guess that's my plan to move forward. Feeling generally unwell everyday because of this stress it's just ridiculous - I can't realistically handle things at this level of anxiety and it has just hit me tonight. Feeling a bit calmer now but I need to address this. I'm not daft enough to think that this will be it. I've seen a pattern of this a few times now.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going to try and sleep I need to be awake in 4 hours. I'm glad I had somewhere just to share my feelings - sometimes it's good just to admit to someone somewhere that your struggling. I think typing it out gets it in perspective a little bit too.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope u get some sleep. Keep posting here-there is much support. I have awful anxiety and it helps to get it out in some way. Seeing a therapist and getting back on your meds should help you.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning 13. I hope you got some sleep. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing
Old 11-18-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Those of us who suffer from anxiety tend to be over-sensitive individuals. We tend to overreact to "little things." We are people-pleasers, we always have to make sure others approve of us and like us; we tend to avoid conflict.

We are afraid of doing something odd or crazy and making a spectacle in front of others. We punish ourselves with guilt over things we did or didn't do. It takes practice, but with therapy and with being conscious of your thoughts, you can make progress and the feelings of tension and anxiety will diminish as you confront what bothers you.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raul88 View Post
Those of us who suffer from anxiety tend to be over-sensitive individuals. We tend to overreact to "little things." We are people-pleasers, we always have to make sure others approve of us and like us; we tend to avoid conflict.

We are afraid of doing something odd or crazy and making a spectacle in front of others. We punish ourselves with guilt over things we did or didn't do. It takes practice, but with therapy and with being conscious of your thoughts, you can make progress and the feelings of tension and anxiety will diminish as you confront what bothers you.
I appreciate your reply and I agree with it all up until your solution - I've confronted my issues - I know that the people who harmed me did so from a bad and confused and hurtful place - I know it wasn't my fault but I still can't let go
Old 11-20-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You don't hurt what you love - yet people do all the time. My ex loved me so much he was violent and nasty to me. I really crave love but I refuse to believe anything I see now.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure if you've read The Shack by Wm Paul Young, 13, but it was a life changing book for me in the area of forgiveness.

“Forgiveness is not about forgetting. It is about letting go of another person's throat......Forgiveness does not create a relationship. Unless people speak the truth about what they have done and change their mind and behavior, a relationship of trust is not possible. When you forgive someone you certainly release them from judgment, but without true change, no real relationship can be established.........Forgiveness in no way requires that you trust the one you forgive. But should they finally confess and repent, you will discover a miracle in your own heart that allows you to reach out and begin to build between you a bridge of reconciliation.........Forgiveness does not excuse anything.........You may have to declare your forgiveness a hundred times the first day and the second day, but the third day will be less and each day after, until one day you will realize that you have forgiven completely. And then one day you will pray for his wholeness......”
― Wm. Paul Young, The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity
I was tethered to the people who'd hurt me because in my ongoing rage and resentment I could not let go.

To move on, I had to remove my hands from around their necks.

D
Old 11-21-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Such a great book Dee. I just started reading it again the other day.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. It's very true that in me not forgiving these people completely I'm continuing to live in that darkness. By continuing to live there I can't move forward. I continue to allow the hate and pain to consume me. I keep it alive by not letting it go. Yes it happened yes it was all real but it's done now but I let it define me daily. I'm going to look that book up thank you
Old 11-25-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. It's very true that in me not forgiving these people completely I'm continuing to live in that darkness. By continuing to live there I can't move forward. I continue to allow the hate and pain to consume me. I keep it alive by not letting it go. Yes it happened yes it was all real but it's done now but I let it define me daily. I'm going to look that book up thank you