Notices

Inpatient psychiatry, no smoking

Old 09-24-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's pretty sad seeing someone outside the hospital with a drip smoking. I kinda think there's got to be a better way. :=]

Last edited by andyroo72; 09-24-2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I cannot spell :=]
Old 09-25-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sbforever View Post
I am guessing you are around 18-25 years old or less and don't remember the world before the NAZIs and bullies of political correctness took over at all.

Even airplanes had ashtrays ! I was kid I remember sticking the gum I was chewing to make my ears pop into it and getting in trouble by my mom. My dad would go in the back to smoke.
I'm in my mid thirties - definitely old enough to remember the awful days of smoke-filled restaurants and, even worse, disgustingly foggy international flights! I greatly prefer the present day, with all of our smoking restrictions. They may sometimes go a bit far, but I understand my habit can gross people out as well as put their health at risk if I am not extremely careful and considerate. Heck, I extinguish my cigarettes any time I'm within five feet of a child, waiting for a crosswalk, for example.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch the sunrise light up the Tetons from my porch with a cigarette and a cup of coffee!
Old 11-22-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's been that way for years in PA. When my sister was in the hospital, my mom has to leave the building and cross the street to have a cigarette.