Notices

Hi and Update

Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi and Update

Hi everyone. I got away from SR because I was tired of talking about my problems.
I was wrong to do that. Everyday I think about my friends on SR. I think it was another way to punish myself. I was also embarrased for being in treatment for so long. I am still in the VA. Only difference is I'm in Charleston S.C., I'll explain more later. I've got alot of catching up to do. Don W
Old 08-27-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you are!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm glad you checked in.

I can relate to getting tired of talking about my problems. I've been like that lately.

Look forward to more updates.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Hi Don! Glad to see you again!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey (((Don)))

I've been thinking about you too and hoping things were going well. It just made my day seeing your post.

Hope you check in again soon
Old 08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

Welcome home, ((((Don))))

Can't wait to catch up!

Shalom!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all. As I said, I'm still involved with the VA Hospital system. I am going through the process of PTSD recovery. Since I last posted I've been approved for a service connected disability. This has opened up new treatment for me. Morning Glory mentioned it to me years ago. I tried in the past but, would quit when it became too painful. I am revisiting the past and opening up old wounds. In the past I treated my PTSD with my alcohol treatment. It, needs special attention. Alcohol was my medication, helped me to not have to deal with or feel the pain. One thing that I've been blessed with is a new ability to live life on life's terms. Just because I'm sober and recieving treatment dosen't make me bullet proof. This year in recovery as you know I lost my mother. Then my younger brother passed away in May. I have a niece that, God PLease, is dying of cancer and has been sent home. I don't have to drink over this. I don't have to quit treatment over this. Instead, I've become a viable member of my family. I am here for me now which makes me here for them. One thing that has helped has been finding a way to unlock the feelings within me. I've always had trouble sharing, male ego thing, emotions and feelings. I've been writing short stories about the patiets I've come in contact with over the years. I am going to share some here on the inspiration board. Don W
Old 08-28-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

(((((Don)))))

Sorry to hear about your mom. I know that was such a difficult time for you. And goodness tho...to then loose your younger brother and now the niece struggling with cancer!!! Man, that's a lot to handle. You are showing such amazing strength through it all! To have all that happen and still happening...well, if ever there was reason for someone to be given a purple heart outside of the walls of war....you are deserving. You've been hit with so much pain and yet still have come out valiant and surviving and pushing forward! Wonderful Don, just wonderful!

(((hugs, prayers and God Bless)))
Jenna
Old 08-28-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Is there a women's ego thing too? Cause I have a hard time sharing
feelings and emotions too.

I'm so glad you're working on you Don. It's not easy, I know. But it sure pays off. I can tell you know that.

hugs!