Notices

Today

Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Positive vibes

Thumbs up Today

I start therapy.I'm very glad beacuse i feel it can help me ALOT.See,since i was 13 i've been around the wrong people doing the wrong thing.It got bad for a few years and everything went down hill.I try to kill myself twice when i was younger.I was told i might be a bi-polar but beacuse anything was really considered..I stopped going to therapy.Here i am,few years later begging for it and finally i got it.I know what i'm looking for out of therapy,it's to learn skills to help myself make better choices.I also want to figure out how to control my moods when it comes to stressful situations.I can get very over emotional real fast.I also think i caused myself to have a small anxiety problems.I use to be very shy that i couldn't go to school,new job interviews or the first day of working.When i was younger,i'd have to take a plane from florida to michigan to see my father twice a year.I remember thinking since i'd go there twice a year meaning i'd be on the plane 4 times a year..That it's 4 more times the plane is likly to fall out of the sky.I know sometimes i think about how driving in my car,i could get into a crash.
I have had problems with having panic attacks on drugs.I believe to think i'm going to die.I'm not sure why beacuse i've used alot of things in heavy amouts and using alot at once,never ended up in the hospital for ODing.I was just always scared it would happen.

Theres alot of things but it's that bad.I use to be worse when i was using things more heavy but as i calmed down and matured more..Things like being bipolar and having panic attacks are just mild.But still there.

I start college within a year and i want to have a high self esteem.I want to learn not to stress myself out so i end up running away from it and not doing it.I need to learn alot.

hope therapy helps me
Old 02-12-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Hi Samantha!

That was a nice honest post from you. I am happy for you and the fact you are going to college. I hope therapy works well for you too. It is good to have you at Sober Recovery and I hope you will continue to let us know how you are doing. Mike