Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > The Men's Room
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [7]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Dealing with tweekers

Im getting sick of the neighborhood tweekers. I see them riding around at night on bicycles casing out the neighborhood. Even saw a dude one night with a flashlight taped to a hardhat. Freakin hillarious. We have a couple dope houses around here and the cops dont do $hit. Yesterday I found a miniture flashlight laying next to my trailer. Gotta be someone who doesnt know who I am. Most my neighbors know we dont dial 911 at my house. And I'm not the only hillbilly/redneck on the block either.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

I used to feel that way. Why is it we are tolerant unless it comes to tweekers ?

We have to protect ourselves and our families, sure. But we also have to let the prejudice go. They are sick people too.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lurker

OK! Small town southern boy. What the heck is a "tweeker"????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassPrisoner View Post
I used to feel that way. Why is it we are tolerant unless it comes to tweekers ?

We have to protect ourselves and our families, sure. But we also have to let the prejudice go. They are sick people too.
Washington County is infested with Meth. They seem to be the ones doing most the theiving and ID theft around here. Not that what I did was any better or worse. But I have no tolerance when it comes to somebody messin with the tools I use to earn a living.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmdboy View Post
OK! Small town southern boy. What the heck is a "tweeker"????
Meth addict
Old 02-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lurker

OH!! Meth is a big prob. here too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Becoming a Butterfly

I'm in the NYC metro area. It's hard to tell what's wrong with some people you see on the street in the city. Sometimes 3/4 of them look like tweekers to me lol

on edit- dammit I did it again. I'm in the men's room. I'm going to have to see a shrink. Freud would be sure to remind me that there are no accidents
Old 02-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

LOL. No big deal. I post in Women in recovery sometimes too. I always look at new posts and sometimes dont look at where they are. At least thats the story I'm using.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Employment Exertion

Quote:
Originally Posted by name withheld to protect the innocent
LOL. No big deal. I post in Women in recovery sometimes too. I always look at new posts and sometimes dont look at where they are. At least thats the story I'm using.
I belong to many other forums and so far, I have seen only one that had a code that it won't let you in if you don't belong in that room. "Access Denied Sorry, only members with sufficient permission can access this page." I am a male but I can't go in the womens room by mistake. You have to be logged in as a female. No guest's! Just a suggestion "DOUG" or "Morning Glory"
We know from long experience that if [former prisoners] can’t find work, or a home, or help, they are much more likely to commit more crimes and return to prison. America is the land of the second chance.

Last edited by Sober_John; 02-24-2007 at 06:42 AM. Reason: name withheld to protect the innocent
Old 02-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Come form an ex-tweeker....
We're not all thives. But i would still lock the doors thou.

It would suck if a tweeker tweeks your car using your tools thou.
I did'nt put a light bulb on my head, but i worked on my car three days and three nights non-stop.
maybe if i did haed a hard hat with a flashlight duck taped , i might had been able to see in the dark.lol

Maybe you could leave NA literture laying around in your yard.
It works in NA and for me...my sponsee don't call or wanna be
sponees don't hang out .lol
Old 03-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
less hippo, more rabbit

I used to do the ordering for the plumbing department where I work, and every tuesday about four weeks worth of Anderson/Barrows brass fittings would come in and fill the shelves quite nicely. Every Wednesday though, I'd have to zero out about two thirds of the on hands because they'd "mysteriously" disappear, along with all of the faucet display handles and fittings, and several of the Ridged tools, and angle stops by the truckload. I used to love it when tweekers would then come up to me with their pupils dialated to dime size and bitch about our out of stocks.

I now order for the Garden department....thank God!

**% Bonobo, 1% trouble
Old 03-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

tweekers...
ahh the ones that drive me up the wall are the preacher ones they start talking about levels and so much stuff...just the other day this worker dude was arrested i find out he tried to kill his dad well he stole over 5000.00 worth of tool, motorcycles, bikes, etc. they love bikes lol tweek, aka crystal meth or TINA is just bad..turns somewhat ok people into total THIEVES....serious, makes em whacked out and when they start smoking it with Heroin then they become BAD. I have be free and clear and sober for the last 37 or 38 days i feel great i cut down on the SUBUTEX but all is well....hell with the tweekers...why cant they just smoke weed instead tweek.....=(