Notices

One Day at a Time

Old 06-13-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow One Day at a Time

Well today was a better day for me physically when I got home. Still had the addictive subconscious fight with my conscious mind. On my way home from work I started planning my evening and thoughts of not vaping ran through my head. Not there long after, I started getting knots in my stomach, feeling sick again, and sweaty palms as I did last night. Stupid addictive mind. I have the upper hand today and strive to keep it that way. Thinking I'm going to use this thread to express my daily struggles and successes. Lets hope that no relapse posts make their way into it.\

Thanks SR Community for your Support!
Old 06-13-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things should get a little better day by day nonpiu420

D
Old 06-13-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm thinking it can't get worse, but I'm sure it will. I expect to have quite a few of the withdrawal symptoms that I have read about with the amount pot I inhaled on a daily bases in addition to the number of years I have used. It will be nice when I am clear of any ill will from deciding to quit and get my mind back. Not sure I will know what a clear mind feels like after 30 years of cloudiness.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi nonpiu- dig deep and get through the early days buddy, we're here rootin' for ya.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So far I have been able to hold strong abstaining from my pot use after Monday's meltdown. The thoughts of wanting to smoke are still vivid as ever, and make me feel sick when I tell myself I can't. I need to find ways to divert my attention at the times I like to smoke weed the most. The mornings and getting through the day at work without it has been no problem. I haven't smoked at work for quite some time, just in the AM. However I always looked forward to blowing up a few vapor bags first thing when I got home, then it was right after dinner followed by a nightcap before bed. And on the weekends I was high form the time I woke up til the time I went to bed. I'm surprised I got through last weekend so well. It will be interesting to see how well I can get through this one.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

You seem to be on the right tack nonpiu - knock this weekend down too

D
Old 06-17-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Things are not going well today. The desire to smoke is off the charts. I keep trying to rationalize my situation in a way that would make it feel okay for me to do so. So for I have not given in, but the temptation is making me sick. I have a knot in my stomach similar to what you get when something bad has happened, or you anticipate that something will is about to happen. It really sux!
Old 06-17-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Upset tummy/anxiety nausea, I remember that well. I actually kinda ate through it. I'd eat a good breakfast and sorta forced myself to eat when I felt it and I remember that it helped relieve it and keep me going.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep going nonpiu - you're doing well

a lot of these things work for weed cravings too
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html