Notices

A serious habit

Old 05-15-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A serious habit

I'm 39 and been smoking weed on and off for 23 yrs. As I got older it's been more on than off. I want to stop just to have a better quality of life.. but I enjoy smoking blunts so damn much it's ridiculous! The enjoyment has enhanced even more specially now with all the exotic marijuana everywhere. I know what I need to do but I can't seem to do it.
Love people, but I'm anti social like a mother$&@?! and not very productive on the weed.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

go for it! Just do it. See how life is different without it! I am 44 and smoked about 30 years and just did about 7 months clean- then relapsed this last week for 8 days and am back on day 1. but it is easier to quit with sober time under my belt. Being sober for 7 months was great and I plan to be sober again now. go for it- see what it gives you
Old 05-15-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Sean

I think it's harder to quit pot than just about anything else right now - seems like everyone's in love with it and wants it legalised, and everyone talks about how benign it is.

Those of us here see another side tho and it's not very pretty.

I genuinely love my life now - it's full, free and as social as I want to be, I love who I am I'm creative again, and I'm excited for the future.

I could never say any of that was true on weed by the end.

D.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I smoked pot for about 30 years, and now that I have been FREE for quite a while, I consider smoking pot to be a pseudo-spiritual high. I thought I was getting high, but I was just an everyday Stoner. It got to where I 'needed' to 'get high' every day, or I felt like I was 'missing out'. The things I wanted to do, or knew I needed to do, just slipped away. I thought I needed 'my time' to slip into that oh-so-space-time-nebulous-disengaged-zone that was my 'spiritual release time' ... but I was actually just wasting my life away ... Stoned.

Like Dee stated, Now that I am FREE from it, I now have choices to be as Social as I choose to be, to actually DO things I want to pursue, and more ... instead of being in chains of bondage to a drug that fooled me into being a fool.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE
Old 05-16-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

H, Sean. Welcome. Agree with Dee. Giving up pot is hard.
My own feeling is that daily smoking leaches every bit of energy and will out of us.
So, yeah, you would be better off without it.
Good luck.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support my people

I'm with you all. It's time to quit and start a better quality of life!
It's just been 420 everyday. Out of control, exhausting and ridiculous after a while.
For me there has always been 2 rules about smoking marijuana:

1. You should never let it become a daily habit.

2. You should never get high before having important things to do.

I broke both of these rules repeatedly over and over again.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to have a third rule as well

3. I've proven I cannot smoke recreationally - its all or nothing..so I choose nothing.

Turns out that was the right choice

D.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

How are things going? I quit at 38 after 22 years of daily smoking. It was super rough in the beginning but looking back after three years, it was a short time to suffer for long term results. Weed was a huge part of my identity and how I lived my life. Now it is neither and I don't miss it. I highly recommend the quitting experience, maybe you'll learn a lot about yourself in the process.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wish you a good luck for quitting your habit and would like to know how you are doing now. Is there any change in your life?
Old 06-07-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Sean, thank you for sharing! I understand that very much, I love people too. But I also have a deep antisocial side to me; once I started smoking I quit talking to/seeing any of my friends. we no longer communicate, but that is okay. best of luck to you!! You can do it! I will be right with you tomorrow