Administrator

That's fantastic WT

D
Old 11-10-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

This is inspiring ! Keep going Windy!
Old 11-12-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

day 37 now I have to quit coffee too. IT really affects my nervous system and breathing issues. I have been off and on it during this time I have quit pot but still leaning on the coffee and it is really bothering my body. so I think I have a big lesson of self control over my body that I am learning. I had coffee today and it just makes me feel worse- and it is a really hard addiction for me too! So starting tomorrow I am laying off the coffee too.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

so it turns out that the breathing issues I have been having are actually a resurgence of the lyme disease I had beenfeeling so much better from for over a year. There is an infection called babesia and lately I guess it has resurfaced in me, but worse than ever. Yesterday and today and for the past month or so ( but the worst yesterday and bad today) I have this extremely heavy tight feeling I my chest like there is a hug weight on it, and it is difficult to breathe. IT was so bad yesterday! It is still bad today but a little less so. I am going to be taking some herbal medicines to hopefully treat it. It kind of resurfaced over this last month, makes me wonder if the MJ had actually been keeping it at bay, Either way I still don't want to smoke but oh man I am quite miserable at the moment from the ( what I am pretty sure is) babesia breathing issues andam hoping it will change soon and I can regain wellness and comfort.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think it would have been keeping it at bay, but it might have been masking it....or it just might be your lungs are now back to normal and you're noticing this out of the usual again.

I wouldn't suggest smoking again tho I think anything involving drawing smoke into your lungs wouldn't help WT.

Babesia is actually a parasite, yeah?

I respect your right to try herbal remedies but if they don't work please consider seeing a Dr.

D
Old 11-14-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I have been through the gamut for years with lyme and coinfections- not exactly sure what is causing this breathing issue right now- but I have seen dozens of doctors and dozens of clinics and was finally feeling great form it for the last year and a half and then just in the last few weeks this kicks in - so difficult/
Old 11-15-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

WT,

I'm sorry that you're having some medical problems resurface. It sounds like you've done a lot to try and correct them, but I'd encourage you to continue to be proactive and keep fighting. Do not use this as an excuse to start getting high again. You're doing so well.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

day 40 starting to feel a bit better
Still not sure the cause of this breathing thing but wow it is/was intense. starting to let up. I did go to a regular MD and got all checked out and he found it inconclusive ( I find regular MDs can be limited in their knowledge but I wanted to rule out something big). So either it is a lyme flare and the medicines I am taking are working, or it is something else. I see my Chinese doctor tomorrow who is great at diagnosis so I will know more. Either way, the intense chest pains and feeling like I am suffocating are starting to ease up thank Goodness. Still not perfect and I will stay on these herbal medicines for a while.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I got an update on my breathing issues today. I see a very renowned awesome Chinese dr. It is a long story and I do not have the energy to argue about if his diagnosis is right or how I know. suffice to say I went to the regular MD first and they found nothing wrong.
so I saw my Chinese dr today. I have been doing his medicines for a number of months but have not been following his specifics ( diet, times of eating, other things that interfere with the effectiveness of his herbs working). So he said I have a chest infection, and that in general my lungs are so tight and weak right now that if I don't stop drinking coffee and eating chocolate ( caffeine interferes with his medicines working) and sugar, and some other specifics, in order for his medicines to work, that pretty soon I would need an oxygen respirator in order to breathe!
I am 43 years old, female. That is so scary! I cannot believe things got this bad. I don't even know how my lungs got this weak.
Ironically, I am 40 something days off pot ( oh yeah he also said I have to stay off pot too, and alcohol, which I barely drink), and I would be thinking my lungs would be getting stronger. But they are worse than ever. I know it has something to do with the environmental pollution form chemtrials, but I am way more affected than others. I know when I first treated lyme disease I did mnths and months and months of harsh many antibitoics, thinking that was the way to get healthy. huge mistake and that is when my breathing started to go. But I have been off of those for over two years and so am surprised my lungs are so weak still.
So, my path right now is one of self discipline. I have no choice at this point- I am terrified of notbeing able to breathe. I Am doing a treatment form him for the next two days to take care of the infection- I hope- and then it is the nightly teas to build up the health of the lungs, and the 100% coffee free, chocolate free, and barely any sugar. For now I cant even have fruit or raw veggies. ( lots of cooked veggies). so I have no choice. It is really intense. I had the worst weak with my breathing being so f-ing hard. It is insane. so I am looking forward to getting better from all this.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I just googled something about "breathing worse after quitting smoking" and found a ton of discussion about it. Lots of people- but they quit cigarettes, not pot- said after long term smoking, their breathing was actually worse when they quit.

Has anyone here who did not smoke cigarettes, only pot, experienced difficult breathing issues after quitting? The last month ( and especially this week) has been my most difficult breathing ever, and there has to be some connection to the fact that it is the same time I quit smoking pot.

I expected I would be hacking up phlem- cleaning out the old gunk. But I am not hacking up anything- just tight restricted lungs. so scary, I keep hearing about copd, which is completely freaking me out, especially after my Chinese medicine drtold me if I don't stop caffeine I will need a f-ing respirator to breathe! I am so confused as to how this is happening to me.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

me again. So- lost track of days exactly, maybe 42 or 43. But here is the thing. So basically the reason my lungs are so f-ed up is due to long term antibiotics I took for lyme 2 years ago that did a lot of damage to my body. somehow quitting smoking made everything more vulnerable or something, so at any rate. I hope to heal all that.
But with my new restrictions from my Chinese medicine dr this means No alchohol, no coffee, no pot, no chocolate or caffeine of any kind, and as little sugar as possible.
This is form me who used to be like lots of pot, lots of coffee, lots of sugar, lots of chocolate, and not that much alchohol but still had the option of it.
so all my usual things to change my consciousness quickly, all my escapisms are no longer an option for me.
He says if I do this ( and his medicines) for an entire year then I will have improvement and eventually be able to add some of that back in.
But wow- look at this challenge. and I HAVE to do it or I literally cannot breathe. So clearly life is transforming me in a huge way, so I am gonna have to find other ways to get"happy" and "high" like exercise, my relationship, probably some form of meditation, yoga, all those things. But this is all just huge for me.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

It promises to be all worth it, WT

D
Old 11-20-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

day 44. Dealing with a co infection flare still ( here is a description if anyone is curious, I finally figured out a proper diagnosis for my breathing troubles)

Babesia Symptoms - Tired of Lyme

see the air hunger paragraph.
So that has all taken precedence over the joy of sobriety and all that, but I think I can treat this with the help of some doctors and so forth.

on some treatments for it now and may have to go back to a clinic I went to before.
Still also off coffee and sugar and chocolate and anything fun---and alcohol-- but if I get this infection under control I can eventually add some of that back in.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you start to feel better soon WT

D
Old 11-20-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi Windy- I had a few things like acne and of course mental wellbeing get worse at first when I quit pot but don't remember if my breathing did. I kinda think that addiction is so sneaky that it will throw anything it can at us to get us back. So I applaud you for working through these breathing difficulties and trying possible solutions. Keep at it, progress can be slow but I feel certain things will improve in the long run.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thank you. I explored if the breathing thing was related to quitting MJ but I think it is most likely a flare up of an illness I have, see my above post.
At any rate I just decided today I am going back to this health clinic halfway across the country to try to address this horrible issue. My parents amazingly agreed to pay for this trip because it is crazy expensive, and I have been to this clinic a few times before . No doctors around here seem to be able to help me so I hope this health clinic will. They also amazingly had an opening for a week from today which is nuts as they usually book out at least a month or two. I had been considering waiting to see if the at home meds work first, but with this opportunity presenting itself to go get help with this in only a week I am just so grateful and am going for it. So with this awful breathing challenge I have to fly half way across the country and change planes and walk long airport hallways ( I may need to get a shuttle) but then I will be doing absolutely everything I can to get better so I am going for it. Otherwise I am just incapacitated. I just want my health and life back as soon as I can so I do hope this doctor can help me. He has helped me immensely with lyme issues in the past so I do have faith.,
Old 11-21-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes WT

D
Old 11-23-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

day 47 I think. Still mostly dealing with my health issue. Heading to a health clinic next week and will hopefully have improvement.

Meanwhile, a medicinal MJ clinic opened up in the town next to me recently. I imagine it would not be that hard to get a medical card.

But right now I just want to be sober, stay sober.
I just read a really powerful book and one thing mentioned in it was how we are here in life to do certain things, grow spiritually, etc. And how a drug addiction keeps people form their spiritual growth.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let the clinic deal with the genuine cases of need.
like I said, smoke and your breathing problems would not be a good mix.

D