oh ty for the kind words windytown
congrats again
D
Old 04-09-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Keep it up Windy!
Old 04-11-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Haven't been here for a few days - missed your wonderful achievement, Windy.
A BIG congratulations - that's a huge things you've accomplished and you should feel very proud of yourself ! Keep it going !
Old 04-12-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

it's my day 1 I tried before and I replasped at day 18 I really wanna stop . I don't like it nomore it ruins my pockets and relationships I need help
Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Migz
I posted on your other thread.

D
Old 04-12-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
Haven't been here for a few days - missed your wonderful achievement, Windy.
A BIG congratulations - that's a huge things you've accomplished and you should feel very proud of yourself ! Keep it going !
thanks very much and thanks for the support!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

4 days shy of seven months sober ( minus a few hits at 5 months).
doing okay. craving a little bit lately but I know that what I would want to get from smoking I would not actually get. The high I used to get when I was younger and smoked would not be what I would get if I smoked now! doing okay- don't think about it all that much right now.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Sweet! That's really good Windy. Keep it up!
Old 05-02-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update Windy - congratulations
Old 05-11-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

please don't judge: been smoking about the last 5 days . Been actually really enjoying it. but going back to sober tomorrow. I am going to continue to count the time from seven months ago but I make no claims about being sober the whole time. I is just a more comfortable way for me to keep track- from the time I went sober, and the times I smoked are blips in the bigger time. IT works better for me. I don't claim to be sober for 7 months, but I will continue my time table of that, allowing that there have been some lapses in it. May be a rough couple of days or week while I transition back out of it, but I know it will ease up.
I don't regret smoking this week and am still proud of myself for going sober tomorrow and all the sober time I have had recently.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most of us who went back to smoking enjoyed it...for a while.
It'd be much easier to quit if it totally sucked.

I'm not judging windy - this is your journey. I recognise your progress...but...

I went back many times thinking I could make things different this time..I'd be an every so often smoker...I'd use the drugs and not have them use me...

Never worked for long.

I really believe this is a dance where we don't get to lead...don't get dragged back to the dark corner of the ballroom.

D
Old 05-11-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

yeah. I agree with you, Dee.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

the vine of MJ is certainly taking hold quickly. I am gonna have to do some serious work and intention to get back out of its grip! gotta get back on the straight and narrow- still smoking today- 6 days or so. Hopefully tomorrow I go clear again.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

No hope about it - be determined windytown

D
Old 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hey windytown, hope you get back on track soon. A lapse doesn't need to turn into a total relapse. You're still a long way up the recovery ladder, so don't think you've failed---you've just slipped a few steps. You don't have to fall to the bottom to start climbing again
Old 05-12-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gamaur View Post
Hey windytown, hope you get back on track soon. A lapse doesn't need to turn into a total relapse. You're still a long way up the recovery ladder, so don't think you've failed---you've just slipped a few steps. You don't have to fall to the bottom to start climbing again
thanks very much for this-- that helps a lot!
Old 05-12-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Old 05-15-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

day 1 again! wow that was a bumpy ride! IT sucked me back in for like 8 or so days. Finally off again.
The first 4 days or so were so fun. everything was better. But then it got too heavy- started to feel like all I could do was smoke pot and plan my whole day around it. so back off again I am.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Good for you to recognize how it sucks you back in with a nice story, but then once it has you, the abuse of you then begins. But always remember, THIS IS NOT YOU !
It's just a bad, very bad habit, which we all have ( bad habits) and that you CAN transcend this habit because it's NOT you. It's just in the space of you - don't attach to it with your mind, don't go over and over it in your mind as that will just fuel it more. Just ignore those thoughts of pot - good or bad thoughts - both are fuel because you are giving your attention to them. Ignore them , lose your interest in entertaining such ideas, thoughts. Just remind yourself that habit is NOT you and turn your attention elsewhere. Deprive it of oxygen and it will leave again. You have seen clearly now that it turns on you and robs you, so be done with it. Reclaim your true Self. Don't let it rob you of your true Self.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
Good for you to recognize how it sucks you back in with a nice story, but then once it has you, the abuse of you then begins. But always remember, THIS IS NOT YOU !
It's just a bad, very bad habit, which we all have ( bad habits) and that you CAN transcend this habit because it's NOT you. It's just in the space of you - don't attach to it with your mind, don't go over and over it in your mind as that will just fuel it more. Just ignore those thoughts of pot - good or bad thoughts - both are fuel because you are giving your attention to them. Ignore them , lose your interest in entertaining such ideas, thoughts. Just remind yourself that habit is NOT you and turn your attention elsewhere. Deprive it of oxygen and it will leave again. You have seen clearly now that it turns on you and robs you, so be done with it. Reclaim your true Self. Don't let it rob you of your true Self.
I love this and will read it when I have a craving, to remind myself. thanks!!