Notices

Day 1

Old 03-09-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

9 days or so since my two days of smoking ( and as you know 5 months sober prior). I don't regret those two days. I will never say I am never gonna smoke pot again. I know I will. but right now thankfully it does not agree with me. I don't have any plans to smoke any time soon but I do feel I needed to remember what it felt like as it makes me less inclined to romanticize it now.
Still going to the gym! It has been 9 days since I started and I have gone 8 out of those 9 days. Already feeling stronger but not thinner yet.
Feeling kind of down and grumpy these days.
Just generally.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

still here- still sober, kind of lost track of the days. something like 5 and a 1/2 months minus the 2 days, or about 10 days if you count the two days as starting at zero.
Still working out at the gym-- I think it was about my 10th or so work out in the 12 or so days since I started working out. Still love working out. Still feeling kind of mediocre just with my health issues, environmental issues, stuff like that. but I guess I am proud to be sober and to be working out. Start my new job in about 2 weeks and hoping my health will hold out for that.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

actually more like 12 days or so since my 2 days off.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

It is great that you're working out and enjoying it! Really! Keep on doing it.
Also congrats for NOT continuing to smoke. It is a very important decision.

Keep on the good work and don't let yourself down anymore! You know where it leads.

Congrats for both the 5 months and a half and the 12 days since the slip.

Keep on rocking!
Old 03-21-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Day 176

( minus the two days I took off).
I have to just post the bigger number because I think I earned it.
I am decent. It is not the pot or lack of that is keeping me from being great- it is the geo engineering / chemtrails they are spraying into the skies and polluting my air that has me down.
I don't want to get into too much explanation on that, if you don't know what I am talking about google it.

So yeah, still sober. Still working out- in 2 days it will be three weeks since I started working out. I haven't really lost weight from it yet but I feel stronger, both in my muscles and also in my ability to do cardio. So that is all great. I am working out about 5 days a week. I still love it.
I am not craving pot too much but know I will smoke again at some point. When I tried it those two days I hated it, so that keeps me from craving it any time soon.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

why will you smoke it again if you hated it the last time, windytown?

D
Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I counted wrong- it was actually day 165 yesterday which makes today 166
Old 03-22-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

the longest I have been off pot in the thirty years I smoked was nine months, and that was over ten years ago . I am nearing six months right now! If I can go past my previous nine months off that will be amazing!
And even if I do have the occasional slip up, I am super proud of myself for going this long.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have to be honest - I have trouble with harm minimisation theory.

To me it's like saying, I've been playing on the highway again but hey I only got hit by cars twice...

If you had a friend who said she hated smoking and it brought her all these problems especially with her other lung issues...

but she says hey at least I only smoke a couple of times a year now..

Wouldn't not smoking at all be better?

I used to drink everyday all day. Now I don't.
My past attempts and 'records' don't define me anymore.

I'm totally off the hamster wheel.

D
Old 03-23-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windytown4 View Post
the longest I have been off pot in the thirty years I smoked was nine months, and that was over ten years ago . I am nearing six months right now! If I can go past my previous nine months off that will be amazing!
And even if I do have the occasional slip up, I am super proud of myself for going this long.
I understand where you are coming from , from another 30 plus year smoker. It's more important to stay focused on beating your last time and making one year the goal at this stage would seem like the obvious target to me. After that, you can decide from there. This " forever" thinking / question can sometimes create a resistance pressure within itself. To me, in your case, I think it's better to take your focus OFF that and put it fully on beating your last great achievement and hopefully to a year. That would be a huge achievement ! And you can reassess then. I know Dee won't like my comment and that's just fine. Everyone has a perspective and that's the way it's meant to be. My advise - just stay focused on the next six months and keep building up those other positive habits/outlets. Stay positive on your goal, develop some other healthy "fun" ways to reward yourself. You're doing great Windy - keep it going ! I'm really proud of you !!!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't mind being the 'bad guy', HC.
I don't mind people disagreeing with me either, but I stand by what I said.

I made a lot of mistakes...I want to try and help others avoid making those same mistakes, is all.

D
Old 03-23-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

I understand , Dee and I know where your heart lies. You're a very special person to give such unending support to so many people! I take my hat to you !

I also believe that being clean for one year is huge - research has shown that the chance of " going back " drops dramatically if you reach that one year mark and I think that that goal is quite close and doable for Windy where she stands right now. Just in my opinion, she can conquer that goal, feel wonderful about it and decide then how to move forward from there. This way, she's not using up her brain power on all these " forever" questions, concerns. Stay present, stay focused - now. But Windy can decide which way works best for her and we can only offer ideas, suggestions , without attachment to the outcome.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thanks Happycampers! you are very kind How many days sober from pot are you right now?
Old 03-24-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I don't count , haven't for some time because I'm not interested in having my awareness on that avenue of thinking anymore other than when I pop in here from time to time. It's been some time, though and I prefer being sober. LIFE progresses much smoother without. I do not say " I've quit forever " to myself because frankly, I don't KNOW that to be true and secondly, I find it creates tension within myself that is not necessary. The main focus is on today - I didn't smoke today and I don't plan to. I renew that each day, where I have the power to do so. That's all I need.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Day 173!!!
( I am going to stop bringing up those few hits I had for 2 days in there, because for my journey it undermines the celebration of how well I am doing, and just say the days. You all can judge or not how I am counting (!) and tell me I need to only say I am on day 30 or something, but I have worked super hard at this and just want support!)

Still working out at the gym. no weight loss yet- 3 weeks of working out! I know I need to diet too but I have not been able to do that. I already have a good diet and lots of restrictions for health issues so I cannot add in any more deprivation feelings!
Right now my Chinese doctor wants me off chocolate and coffee 100% for nine months-! I have completed one month with no chocolate or coffee-- not sure if I will make it to 9! It is due to my specific health issue.
I am also not supposed to have much gluten or dairy but I am hoping to let that back in as soon as I am able, and do eat it sometimes. So then to add dieting on top of it is just too much.
Still, I am going to the gym 60-90 minutes a day 5 days a week, about 1/2 cardio and 1/2 weight training. I feel stronger and have more cardio stamina but no weight loss yet.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I'm impressed windy, good job!
Old 04-02-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

getting close to my 6 month sober time!
right now I miss coffee and chocolate more than I miss pot!

I have been getting really into exercise. Been going to the gym 5 times a week, and sometimes riding my exercise bike at home.
I have found it gives me a good kind of high of its own, endorphins I guess. Also listening to good music while exercising is a similar high to how I used to smoke and listen to music.
I don't think I could be exercising like this if I were still getting stoned. I am starting to see transformation in my body. The scale has not budged! but I see clear definition in my ab muscles which I love, and my arm muscles- it is so fun to watch my body start to carve into a better shape. And the ab exercises that were hard at first are not as hard, likewise I am going longer on the elliptical machine. when I first started I got tired after 5 minutes on it! Today I did 35 minutes on it- and sometimes I also do the treadmill.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

6 months sober from when I started. For those intent on technicalities, 5 months sober, 2 days of a few hits, and 5 weeks sober since.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestone

D
Old 04-09-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. your support on this forum has been extremely helpful and I much appreciate all you have done for me!