Notices

420 days clean from weed :D

Old 01-19-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

420 days clean from weed :D

Well, this is the ultimate milestone for everyone who was into stoner culture like myself, today I'm 420 days clean from weed

I'm recovering from alcohol and marijuana addictions, and although it was easier for me to quit weed, (I quit alcohol 4 months later) marijuana was the most difficult substance to detach from. I came very close to relapse a few times in those 420 days, and until a month ago, I still had thoughts of using it in a moderate way in the future.

But after a little over a year from my last smoke, things are going pretty well, and the most important thing is that I dont't need to smoke to hang out with friends, to play video games or to watch a movie I like. I don't have to worry about my stash, if other people suspect I'm high or not, or If I have enough food for the munchies. Also I'd have paranoia and anxiety sometimes.

Going with the thread theme, I want to reach another milestone, the 420 days sober one, a few months from now.

See ya
Old 01-19-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A BIG Congratulations, Blisswithin ! That's quite an achievement and you should feel very proud of yourself. I know even though I've been quit for awhile, I still fight the thought of using moderately down the road too. Hopefully, that thought passes away or becomes much quieter as time goes on. Thanks for sharing your good news with us !
Old 01-19-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic Blisswithin!!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations BlissWithin

D
Old 03-06-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I will use this thread to vent a little, so right now I'm on a battle with my AV about that situation where I want to use marijuana in a moderate way someday in the future. I really hate to be in this spot because when I have an alcohol craving or anything related about booze, I usually dismiss it quickly, but when I put in my head that I want to smoke marijuana, it takes hours or a couple of days for the thoughts to leave, it is really frustrating.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel ya. Just recognize that it's a natural part of the process instead of trying to fight them. I relapsed about a year ago partially because I was upset that the cravings hadn't gone away (not to mention I routinely put myself in situations were weed was readily available). Cravings normally last between 20 minutes and 3 hours. You'll make it through and be fine, and hopefully in time they'll become a thing of the past.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Thanks for the response RT. I ate some sugary foods and slept for 2 hours, when I woke up, the cravings were gone. I may have gotten into this state after I talked to an old buddy of mine who smoked with me and seems to be doing well with his life right now, we talked about weed and he still smokes. That could have messed up with my mind a little bit.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would say you hit the nail on the head there, BW ! Talking to an old smoking buddy who's still indulging and yet keeping it together, so it appears, would trigger a similar feeling in me too, I'm sure. Almost always, if not always, it was because I got around another user/drinker that I fell in again. These days, I keep far away from "danger " people, not because they are bad or anything, but because I'm aware of that trigger and accept it's the way it is for right now.
Way to go with finding a different and far healthier way in dealing with the craving instead of giving in and losing your incredible clean time !!!
Old 03-06-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was way harder for me to give up pot than booze. Booze was plainly bad for me, but pot was less tangibly and more insidiously bad.

Both were an escape from reality tho, both stopped me from living a full life, and both were damaging my health, mentally and physically, and I was utterly incapable of moderating my use of both.

I suspect you'd be the same way Bliss Within?

D
Old 03-06-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Yes Dee, in fact I am. I know myself pretty well when it comes to my addictions but when those marijuana cravings hit I can rationalize all of my thinking just so I can have the chance to use it again in the future. Its insane.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will die off...in my second year, when I really started to enjoy and prefer being sober, the pot just lost whatever attractiveness it had.

D
Old 03-08-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

BlissWithin you have lot of time under your belt. I had nearly half an year and decided to try and smoke again. Now I am back to daily smoking pretty much the way it was.

Now I see that I will have to stop once more, because well ... same old ****. And the same old fears of stopping, withdrawal, postponing it and etc.

I too thought I could maybe moderate. Or use recreationally. But now I'm waiting for the dealer to come yet once again. With money I don't have.

Yeah, maybe I had some fun ... but compared to the guilt, shame, fear and all the other things ... it's not worth it.

As someone here on the forum said, when I was sober, I had control ... now I don't.

You have achieved a lot. Don't waste it.

Take care!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great to see you back, teodor ! You can do this - you've done it before . Like riding a bike , just jump back on and be back in control again. We're all here cheering you on !
Old 03-09-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats on your clean time. I found that weed was extremely difficult to get off of. Some of this might be connected to the fact that THC stays in your body for several weeks.

Do you attend a recovery group? I found that AA and NA truly help me to stay clean and sober. Next week, I celebrate 34 years of clean/sober time. I still have to go to meetings to help other alcoholics and addicts. Also to remember what it used to be like. Plus for the fellowship.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Originally Posted by WaveTossed View Post
Do you attend a recovery group?
I tried AA for a couple of months, now I use SR and a psychotherapist for face to face support. In fact, I'm gonna see her today (thursday).

34 years is amazing! That's impressive.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hear what you say about the return of cravings but others are right: you can remove yourself from situations where weed is available. In my city that means you avoid the risk of breaking the law and being punished. I no longer wish to go to places where I face arrest.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlissWithin View Post
I tried AA for a couple of months, now I use SR and a psychotherapist for face to face support. In fact, I'm gonna see her today (thursday).

34 years is amazing! That's impressive.
I would try NA. NA is for anyone who wants to stop using. They state: "we don't care what or how much you used." A weedhead is welcome in NA. In my NA home group we have an alcoholic who has never used anything other than booze. Booze is a drug, so of course he is welcome. I need NA to hear my story and to help other addicts. I can only keep it if I give it away.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Time to check in. 420 days sober, 547 days clean from weed.

I still feel urges to smoke from time to time. I wonder what will happen If I smoke again. I am afraid to return to everyday smoking or to try drinking again. The truth is if I like the experience I will smoke more often, leading to addiction, so I really don't know what I am after If I ever do it.

What you guys think? I also have opposite opinions about this but I'd like some input.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm guessing you're like me and obviously have addictive tendencies. I would just stay away from it. You know you can do that. I don't think I could ever moderate.

Congratulations on 420 days sober!! Very nice. 547 days clean is amazing. Keep moving forward!
Old 05-25-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratultions BlissWithin.

I've gone back enough time to know that you go back to square one...or worse.

I've accepted that now and I believe that now, even after nearly ten years, it would be the same. Probably not instantly...but inevitably.

I don't need it and I don't miss the person it made me become

D