Notices

Weird Dream?

Old 07-03-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird Dream?

Got to sleep at a responsible hour tonight, around midnight (something I was concerned about during the day as I have my kid tomorrow and my routine was off balance week). I just woke up about a half an hour ago.

I was having a weird dream. I was talking to a few people in a park when the river kicked up high, it was a tsunami. So everyone scattered and so did I to the outskirts of town and an apartment I must have been renting. Made it up to my apartment but the rest of the building sunk into the ground until my apartment was almost floor level. Other's were out in the hallway too but the water hadn't made it down to us, it was just windy out. Then I woke up feeling really tired as it's 5 am. I'm lying there half asleep confused as to why I'm waking up like this in the middle of the night. I left my window open a bit and it is windy out. And then the penny drops...

It must have been the other person here going to the bathroom as that is about her usual time, subtle as an elephant. It explains the sudden onset of the strange dimensions to my otherwise normal dream (the small-town river unexpectantly turing into a tsunami and water coming from every direction, and the building I made it to shaking to a collapse). In any case, this happens just about every time I get to bed at a normal hour, me waking at this time for no apparent reason and trying to reason why (I've come to this conclusion before and also woken up sooner to conclude it's true, it just hasn't happened recently as my routine has been abnormal)
Old 07-05-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When it comes to bedtime, there’s a window of a several hours—roughly between 8 PM and 12 AM—during which your brain and body have the opportunity to get all the non-REM and REM shuteye they need to function optimally. when you find yours you'll start sleeping better.

I haven't dreamt in years, or remembered them. Now, if I do get any shut eye, I do dream and remember. Is that progress?
Old 07-05-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And you're asking me? Haha, well thank's for that information it's useful to know.

I thought I was all on course for a normal night sleep tonight but now I am unsure.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just don't think on it. Go to bed when you're ready.