Notices

dreams about lightning

Old 11-16-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dreams about lightning

for years i have had an occuring dream. lightning bolts chasing me, or attacking me. but they always come down from the sky. now it is 5 days of no drink, and yesterday, the lightning was there in my dream again, this time, it came up from the ground. brilliant coloured lightning, like trees all shooting upward, and instead of running away, or getting struck, i just kind of enjoyed the show.

maybe i am making some progress, i do not know, but it sure seemed better coming up from below than above.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"It is a favourable dream, for it augurs success in business and advancement in honour and independence."
From my little dream book
Old 11-16-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dreams of lightening, electricity, fireworks or bright lights are all common if you are still detoxing, which at 5 days you may well be. The reason for this is the electrical impulses in our neurological system are going haywire. We can usually suppress these while awake, but when we sleep they come out in our dreams as well as non-REM (non dreaming) sleep.

These same haywire electrical signals cause seizures in more severe cases of detox.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

well done on day 5 darklife
Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Avenger of my liver

Originally Posted by Taking5 View Post
Dreams of lightening, electricity, fireworks or bright lights are all common if you are still detoxing, which at 5 days you may well be. The reason for this is the electrical impulses in our neurological system are going haywire. We can usually suppress these while awake, but when we sleep they come out in our dreams as well as non-REM (non dreaming) sleep.

These same haywire electrical signals cause seizures in more severe cases of detox.
Hey, that was awesome. I never knew that. Usually I would get flashes of light as I was drifting off to sleep. Like someone had just flicked light switch on and off.