Notices

Sleep Paralysis

Old 09-12-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
If you haven't seriously do some research on this. It stimulates the fear center of the brain. Just knowing what is going on when it happens makes it so much more bearable.
It makes your inner ear vibrate as well. Some people experience it as sound I feel as if someone is running electricity through my brain. Anyone get auditory hallucinations prior to falling asleep with this? I always think I hear the front door open when I am laying down. I get up and check and the real sound of the door opening never matches the one in my head. My daughter has it worse then I do. She will hear random voices saying random words.
Too scary not to have a real understanding of what is going on.
Auditory hallucinations are the worst. Never met anyone else who has them.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I used to "hear things" at night, but not in a long time, thank God. My heart used to almost jump out of my chest. I'd lay there thinking how to save my daughter and get out of the house without the intruder hurting us. I'd wish for a dog or a gun, but then I'd have a debate about gun safety and then I'd go back to wishing for a dog and then I'd think, what kind of dog? And then I'd debate the merits of each breed and then I'd look at the clock and it's 3:30 am and I'm still thinking of dogs. Wow, I hadn't thought about sounds in a while. Sometimes the rain sounded like voices. Sometimes I'd hear a loud bang in my head, like an explosion, yet wake to utter silence.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I've had periods where I'd have sleep paralysis pre often. If wake up shortly after sunrise unable to move. I would stay awake long enough to be able to move again, which with enough willpower took about 5-10 minutes, then I would fall back to sleep only to wake up again in the same predicament. It'd happen 5-8 times. Hasn't happened much lately though.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR Clovenhoof
Old 10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Cam

I get it all the time. Most of the time, it's early morning after drinking but not to the point of a complete binge.

Some times it would happen 5 or 6 times in a row. Since I was so tired, I'd try to go back to sleep, but couldn't sleep because it would slip right into paralysis. So, it would completely wake me up. If I did actually go to sleep, I'd lucid dream. Sometimes is was great.

But most of the time, that didn't happen. Right after a bout, it felt like I took a half of bottle of percocets. I was weak, dizzy, and a very fuzzy body feeling. After about 5 minutes of moving, the feeling would go away.

I'm on my 3rd day of alcohol sobriety and haven't had it yet. Now, I just can't sleep and when I do, it's nightmares, minor sweats, and abdominal pain.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Cam night sweats suck & nightmares your doing amazing on day 3
Old 10-12-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I get sleep paralysis too. I get it more now than I used to (I've been sober for a while). I usually end up yelling for help, or at least attempting to say words, usually just gibberish. My husband has to wake me.

I'm going to try the 'locate my hand' thing or moving my head back and forth. I hate it so much!
Old 10-13-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Paperdolls I used to get this a lot years ago

I removed all the mirrors in my bedroom can I ask do you have mirrors in your bedroom & if you do remove them I know I sound a bit out there but this really worked & if you go bk in this thread I think youl see me & Riel discussing how it went when we removed the mirrors

I also started going bed earlier as it would happen when I was dozing off & trying to stay awake (I'm not saying your doing this)

Definitely try them tips I hated it too I know how terrifying it is trying to scream & nothing comes out

I had it so bad once it felt like I was levitated spinning around in the middle of my bedroom which isnt possible but it really felt like that

Anyways I send best wishes in it going away Paperdolls