Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 10-25-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another bad dream, this one involving real life people: my exbf and my kids, only the kids were small, not young adults as they are now.

Exbf was threatening me with taking the kids and leaving me where I was, all alone and unable to carry my stuff with me to get home. The kids were torn between going with dad and supporting me, but eventually they went with their dad.

Woke up feeling like I'd been abandoned...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So sick of this... another weird dream, having to do with games of death, dirt on my bed, and some very strange people in my dream. Was tired in the dream and kept falling asleep. Would be woken up and try to stay awake but still exhausted and had to lie down - and the bed was covered with dirt!

Woke up with a headache - again. Seems these bad dreams always bring a headache with them...
Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I have a lot of bad dreams too ((least)). I'm sick of them as well, but I haven't found a solution...

They're not always terrible or scary, some are just creepy and weird. I had one last night where a sasquatch and a black bear, both the size of godzilla, were ripping through a town and I was hunkered down in an aluminum shelter with a whole bunch of other people that was either going to be stomped on by the sasquatch and black bear or flooded (it was pouring in the dream). How's that for weird?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another bad dream, I've had it before. Me and a bunch of people (children?) were being chased by some bad guys who weren't human. We were hiding from them but they found us anyway. Woke up with a headache. I'm getting so tired of my dreams ruining my good sleep. No one and nothing is 'chasing' me in real life so why am I dreaming this stuff??
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up quite late out of an upsetting dream in which my exbf was trying to take the kids (younger ages) away from me and telling me how bad a mother I was. In the end he agreed to let nmk stay with me and then she was mad cause she wouldn't be with her sisters. I was crying and begging him not to take dk and ck but he wouldn't listen and just kept telling me what a bad mother I was. Woke up in a panic and depressed.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another strange and disturbing dream. I was back at a house I used to live in and it was abandoned. My exbf's stuff was all around but dusty and neglected. I was searching in the house for my stuff but couldn't find it. The house looked like it had been abandoned for a long time, with doors open and dust and dirt everywhere. I remember trying to find my car keys and the bathroom but couldnt' find them or it and was trying to remember where I'd parked my van.

I remember being aware that I was in a dream but it was so real, and so disturbing. Was glad to wake up to the phone ringing but it was dk needing a ride home from work. Then on the ride home she was berating me for all my many faults as a mother etc etc. Same ol' same ol'...

Really sick of my dreams upsetting me so much...
Old 09-08-2012, 03:05 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was sure my (ex) bf was going to dump me so I wrote him a letter. I felt guilty cause I was drunk and wasn't supposed to drink. Was worried that he'd tell someone here and I'd have to start all over with day one again. Ended up driving a friend's car home (a former friend who is no longer a friend) and trying to find my house.

First drinking dream I've had in a long time... I didn't like it, made me feel bad and uncomfortable and guilty.

I wish my exbf would stay out of my dreams, bad enough I have to deal with him in real life...
Old 09-23-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another dream about not being 'good enough'. Was working in some factory and was constantly berated for not being good enough, quick enough, smart enough. I woke up feeling frustrated and depressed. Wonder what it all means...
Old 10-01-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another dream with the ex bf and the kids. He was trying to take them away from me and was insulting me in front of them. I'm sick of dreaming about him and wish he'd stay the hell out of my dreams...
Old 11-10-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another disturbing dream. It involved being chastised at work for something, traveling on snowy dangerous roads, and smoking/being 'yelled at' for smoking.

Seems like most of my dreams lately are about me being in trouble of some kind and/or not being able to fulfill my obligations.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt that i was mad at my mother for enrolling me in college (the one in my town) and in another college twenty miles away. I would have to take two courses in both colleges and would have to travel twenty miles AT NIGHT over back roads to get to the second college... and all this on top of working a job. I was complaining at work how I couldn't do it and would lose my financial aid over not being able to take that many classes and work on top of that.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just woke up out of an awful dream. It was me and my exbf and our three youngest kids. It was night time and I was trying to sleep as I had to go to work in the morning but the youngest had pooped her bed and I had to clean it up. The washer was in the basement but there were no stairs going down there. Suddenly I was down in the basement and there was dog poop all over the floor (kids hadn't let the dogs out).

Ex was yelling at me. I was yelling at the kids to be quiet and go to sleep but they wouldn't do it. Just kept playing their loud radio and making noise. I was trying to clean up, and deal with the kids, and felt hopeless. I was so hopeless I was considering suicide. (!!!)

Woke up feeling horrible and panicky.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Okay I am gonna sound crazy but I am so sorry to see you struggle so much. I think that sleep should give us rest and pleasure and not so much coping and anxiety! Did you maybe try to learn how to control your sleep and your dreams to be able to avoid those nightmares?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Most of them I don't consider "nightmares". Just very strange dreams. I take sertraline for depression and one of the side effects is "strange or bizarre thoughts or dreams". My sister calls it "the Zoloft cinema". I do have very weird dreams.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another strange dream, one I've had before. I was working in a factory I'd worked in many years ago. I was wearing two different shoes, and they weren't the correct type of shoe for working in a factory. I was trying to find my time card, but couldn't find the current one. I asked many people and no one could help me. It was very frustrating.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was back in my old caseworker job and couldn't do it right. Kept getting behind and was getting yelled at for not working hard enough.

I notice that a lot of my dreams are of me being inadequate in some way, not performing up to par.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up out of a very strange dream. Mk (one of my kids) had taken my gun (???) to school with her and wouldn't give it back to me. I had to talk to the authorities about it and they were adamant she couldn't come back to school.

I have no idea what this dream means. But it felt real while I was dreaming it. I woke up not knowing where I was.

???????
Old 03-26-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I dreamt I discovered I had an older sister (I'm the oldest child). Born two years before me, and either died or was adopted out. Very strange. I'm afraid to tell my dad, afraid he'll tell me it's true... Altho I know it's just a dream, but it seemed so real...
Old 04-13-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was working in the factory I was laid off from. I did something that made management mad so they captured me and several others and gave us skin implants so we couldn't escape. Eventually someone helped me remove the implants and gave me a map so I could get away. But I insisted on going back for my bag as it had my car keys in it.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Lol ((Least)) - You really want that new car bad.