Notices

Today I Am Grateful For ... Part 13

Old 12-19-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that...today is a new day. I am grateful each day, each moment, is a new beginning. I am grateful that even though I've been in a bad mood, I have the opportunity to turn it around. I can control my attitude. I am grateful I am healthy enough to do a little yoga. I am grateful for all the healthy options available to me.I am grateful I no longer drink. I am grateful for 7 months without a drink. Which means no money spent on booze, no cans or bottles to worry about, no rugs ruined from puke stains, etc. I am grateful for that, thanks for reading.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Wink

Today i am Grateful that i can FEEL good at this time of the year... (it seems like i was almost never able)
Old 12-23-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Me too! What a wonderful thing to actually feel good this time of year when nothing has changed except that!!! Wow! Just wow! Grateful for answered prayers and SR that's helped me get to where I'm at. Have a super day everyone.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Talking

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everybody!

Today i am Grateful for friends..
in and outside of AA!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful to have enrolled in a health insurance plan. I am grateful I had the clarity and motivation to do this, thanks to being sober. I am also grateful it worked out. Now I really feel like I am moving forward with things, rather then just patting myself on the back for staying sober (which is huge, but I was still being irresponsible/avoidant about taking care of basic life responsibilities).
Old 12-24-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Dented But Reliable

Today I Am Grateful For--A family, friends, and fellows, during these holiday seasons, who were always there, even when I was not.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I am feeling grateful today that I am clean and sober this Christmas. I am grateful I am hanging out with my wife. I am grateful to have lots of good food... and really, thinking about the end of this year and the beginning of the next, I am feeling optimistic. I want to remind myself of that feeling because I know I don't always feel it.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for family. And day 1. Day 0's have been my stupid choice. No excuse.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Today I am thankful to not pick up a drink, and for going against my craving to buy wine. I'm sober. I'm going to my group therapy tomorrow. I'm thankful for that.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Talking

Today i am Grateful for getting to my meeting last night and for waking up sober one more day!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for a New Years Morning happy and hangovet free. I am grateful for all the experiences I get to have in this life. I am grateful to be here, so grateful to be alive. I am grateful for my yoga mat, and the fact that I got on it this morning, and followed up with a guided breathing meditation. I am grateful for WiFi and that I can access so many helpful, positive resources online. I am grateful to myself for not drinking, even when it seems appealing. I am grateful for another sober day!
Old 01-01-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

TIAGF

A new beginning...
Old 01-03-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Wink

Today i am Grateful for a good start to the new year!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
instant

Today i am grateful for

Another day
The gift of life
The person who handed in my lost wallet
Compassion
Old 01-07-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

The amazing people on SR that helped me through my darkest days
Old 01-07-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Do your best

I am grateful to have such awesome friends here at SR

So glad i found this place
Old 01-10-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
instant

Today i am grateful

For the peace of sunday morning
The fruit on the trees
Keys
My bike
Electricity to boil the kettle
Fingers
That i need a comb
Old 01-11-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for

the taste of a good hot cup of coffee
a nice walk to a meeting today
meeting! just me an another fellow alcoholic, one with 17 years of sobriety(i have 7 months). sharing, caring, talking to a fellow alcoholic. I am grateful for how good I feel after the meeting. I am grateful AA and NA and all the fellowships exist. Grateful for the oppurtunity to talk about resentments, letting go, the steps, with someone who understands.
I am grateful that each day, each moment I can start fresh.
papaya, goats milk yogurt, and granola for breakfast.
grateful for reminders I need to focus and get stuff done!

also grateful for the broom I used this morning to clean my living space.

grateful for another day without alcohol. and how much simpler and better my life is.

thanks for reading!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

silly old lady ... so gratefull for my Eddie Lee would miss him so much.. if he were not around... long day... love you all.. prayers for a grand evening of laughter song and go out and look at the stars in the clear night air. hug someone you love so much. and kids and beans please play and know that sometimes in life you have laugh with everyone to enjoy yourself.. ardy... http://youtu.be/GZ-k3oblIM8
Old 01-14-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hey, Instant

Is that guitar a Stratocaster? I think it is. Was it retrieved from a local volcanic eruption. Oh, wait, it's a gratitude page. Ok. Any day sober is a good day. I am thankful to feel the crunch of frozen snow under my boots. I am thankful to hear it. I am thankful to see the path in the snow my feet made the day before when I went to retrieve the paper and the mail. I am thankful that my dog was well enough to walk along beside me. I am thankful for the crisp air and how it is clean here where I live. When you have an attitude of gratitude, as we really should have, you can see so many things to be grateful for. I think it is the greatest thing when you can be thankful for the least of things. We are here to experience it, when so many times we could have died. I am thankful that this is my time and this is my turn. I am thankful for this site and the support and the things I learn here. I am thankful as I look out my window to see the morning sun lighting the trunks of the bare trees in the woods beyond. I am thankful for the faith I have that I will be sober and clean again today. I am thankful that I might be of service to someone with what I say here.