Notices

not enough money

Old 04-02-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Got 3 cats here now myself. Not exactly my choice but oh well. I know what you mean about not wanting to get up when they're on your lap. Trouble is, I'm always getting up for coffee, etc..., lol.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I hear of many who have cats they didn't plan on. The cats put on their best manners 'til they have you...then, poof, they're running the darn house. LOL LOL LOL
Old 04-03-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

So True!!!!
WG
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I like dogs too but I guess the thing I prefer about cats is they don't require constant approval and attention like dogs tend to.

Probably my favorite pet was a parakeet named Bobby we had when I was a kid. My mom taught him to say: "gimme a kiss" and I taught him to say "damn it", lol. We left his cage door open most of the time and if I whistled when I came home from school, he would fly over to me and land on my shoulder. Cool bird. We used to do a lot of jigsaw puzzles and he'd fly down to the table, pick up a piece, walk over to the edge and drop in on the floor; over and over. Cool bird.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

dSober that sounds like a really cool bird.

I don't have much love for dogs. They are too busy for me.

WG
Old 04-06-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful today for not enough money to be talked into a situation which would require travel at least twice a month as well as other varied travel during the year.
WG
Old 04-07-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I have saved (not spent) $900.00 since being sober ! ! ! ! !
LOL instead of tracking the days sober, tracking the $$$ sober seems to be my theme.

I never cared much about money because have never had much - or needed much of it, but is sure is nice to not be wasting it these days.

Drinking from 1971 to 2014, lots of $$$ down the toilet, lots of missed opportunities.
But I do hold the knowing of the needs of others in this situation dear.

Happy to have learned what this situation has taught me.
WG
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

So grateful for another sober day with such high hopes for the future.
The AV doesn't seem to be bothering me so much anymore.
WG
Old 04-08-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Whew WG! I knew you'd get to the point where the addiction is taking a back seat to the joys and high hopes of recovery!! So happy for you WG...Luv u much, Ipanema
Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ipanema View Post
Whew WG! I knew you'd get to the point where the addiction is taking a back seat to the joys and high hopes of recovery!! So happy for you WG...Luv u much, Ipanema
Old 04-10-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Today is a "no money spent day".

If I don't have it in the house right now, even food items - I don't need it!!!!

WG
Old 04-11-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Officially, I have NOT SPENT $1000.00 this year on booze.

WOW. Yep - that's 10 weeks at $100.00 a week.
Yes, I was drinking alot, and going to great effort to sneek around with it.
Creeps me out, now.

WG
Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

What a great day in the morning.
Grateful for the feeling of control rather than confusion.

WG
Old 04-15-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It's a great feeling to have some "pin" money, gained by not spending it unwisely.

Gratefulness towards God is unbounding providing a way to be sober.

I was having a difficult time keeping up on the other threads, so I quit doing that for awhile. There is just so much to do these days -

I hope to hear form anyone who wants to say Hi.

WG
Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

To Wasgone,

I am so happy reading what you are finding in the Sober life. I never tracked how much wine cost me but it was, I'm sure, a bundle. Hard liquor was rare, wine was just fine. I saw towards the end that I needed more and more to get the same relief. In the end, I was drinking around the clock out of necessity. Going back to that way of life quickly quells any desire to drink. Without SR and AA I would have convinced myself long ago that I could control my drinking. The wise writings of others are needed to not slip into the abyss of the insanity of Alcoholism. Counting how much money you have saved is such a healthy way to reward yourself. I am so proud of your accomplishments. I hope you keep writing in any and all threads that work for you. You are loved, Wasgone!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks Ipanema,
Ya. I think remembering how bad it got towards the end keeps me on the straight and narrow, now.

It's funny, I was considering (briefly) working another job to make enough $$ to have some pin money (I already own a business). As my AV wandered around my head I imagined the old days when I had "after work visits to the PUB with co-workers".
But I realized I would suck at another job because I would be too sick all the time to even SHOW UP to work and I'd get fired ! ! ! !

God works in wonderful ways, doesn't He? After asking him for help during this past year, He urged me to "uhhh, just stop spending $$ and you'll have your pin $$". So, I finally listened to His urgings and He was right. He always is, it just takes awhile for some people (like me) to listen.

So, How are you Ipanema?
WG
Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm fortunate that I've always been pretty frugal. Not cheap, but frugal. I think it's the Scottish in me, lol. I've been a smoker for a long time, still am. I switched from cigarettes from cigarette sized cigars about a year ago because I realized I was spending 3 times as much on cigarettes as I was on food for myself and my kids. Between this, and reducing my consumption, I was able to reduce my nicotine addiction expenses by 80-85%.

Unfortunately, I found that alcohol was markedly cheaper. I was buying 1.75L bottles of the cheapest crap I could find to feed my addiction. HOWEVER, I also found the associated expenses: legal fees, rehabs, lost income especially, FAR exceeded any other expense I had. This was definitely a motivating factor for me to stop.

In spite of all this, it took me quite some time to do wake up and smell what I was shoveling enough to get down on my knees and look at myself deeply enough to really humble myself and ask for help. When I finally did, I found it.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good Morning dSober.
Yes, I also have always been frugal, at the same time knowing we get what we pay for.

My associated expences didn't involve rehab, legal fees, or anthing like that.
But lost work, traveling to nearby cities to purchase or dispose of evidence.
My car was very clean, using the car wash dumpster at various places, lots of juices to mask the smell as well as the cost of the actual product is where my money went.

So thankful today for another clear headed morning with a nice to do list, knowing the list will get completed is so nice. Thanks, God.
WG
Old 04-17-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wasgone View Post
... knowing the list will get completed is so nice. Thanks, God.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

So grateful to be able to spend some pin money yesterday and it was fun.
Some kitchen utensils and grooming supplies and a business item were on the list. Nothing came home that was not on the list, thanks to God.

Today there is $1100.00 (@ $100.00 a week) in my talley.

WG