Notices

Naturally grateful for....

Old 07-25-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for a dusky sky of many hues of blue in striations.
It looked like the ocean was in the sky.
Or it looked like the sky was made of blue marble.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for a big fallen branch in the lake. The parts sticking up out of the lake are parched white in spots like bone. The geese all swam under there to get respite from the sun today. The white and grey bodies of the geese match perfectly with the white and grey parched branches emerging from the water. It was like a painting.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for a big soft teal sky,
that comforts me like a blanket draped around me by my mother.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for Douglas Firs. I wrapped my arms part way around a big one today. I had never had my face that close to the bark of a Douglas Fir. It has a smell I had never noticed before, and it's scratchy and all colors of brown and gray and sage green.

I often stare up at them, they are so tall and they sway gently in the breeze in the summer - a tuft of branches only near the top; whispering a song to the forest.

I guess I'm a tree hugger for real, now.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Oh Bimini that's lovely.

Grateful I noticed that the rippled brown and white pattern on the sides of the pine cones under the fir trees match nicely with the brown and cream rippled feathers that are on an owl or an eagle. Probably part of nature's plan.

Grateful that on a nature show I had on yesterday i saw there exists in the world tiny spiders that jump and have eight eyes (yes 8 eyes, i saw them) and the male has to do a little dance for the female in hopes she won't eat him. Part of nature's plan too!! Lol.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Whoa, EQ! Those extra eyes would be good to keep the missus from sneaking up behind - if he could be lunch. Yikes.

Naturally grateful for black on grey - the image of the trees reflected in the early-morning river water...upside down, pointing right at me no matter where I go.

So it is all about me. I knew it.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

To EQ,

About those spiders with 8 eyes: do you know if they are in California?? Just checking as that is one darn scary looking creature. In fact, spiders of any kind are not welcome!! LOL
Old 07-27-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful to sit through my first severe thunderstorm this afternoon while in the new place I'm now living at. Over 60 mph winds, hail, heavy rain, lightning and thunder all over the place.

I sat in amazement by the window and even opened the door and stood outside for a few minutes under the overhang next to the door.

It felt like all the heavy rain coming down was pouring my misery away. It felt like nature was crying for me.

By all means I don't want anyone to get harmed or lose power from these storms. But the storms themselves seem to sooth my frustration, anger, hurt, and discomfort that is buried within me.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

To Uncle Holmes,

((((hugs))) It's been a rough time, as I have read. I find it helps to concentrate on Acceptance to soothe feelings as you described. But, no one knows the pillows and slippers I throw around (not at the cat)...just hoping things get better Uncle and the new place gets to be more yours . Thinking of you, Ipanema
Old 07-27-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for the lovely old trees, flowers, wooden benches and vines I saw yesterday at a Winery for lunch (not wine) yesterday. It's the oldest winery in CA and many of the old buildings still stand and new buildings look like old.

Naturally grateful for the ficus trees on the patio that cast a nice shady area for Tixie to enjoy. Somedays she sits there all day..it's her corner of the world.

Naturally grateful to see some of the patios here in my SR Community are being spruced up. Where there would plastic flowers now are bushes and small container trees. New people moving in are really into many impatients, roses, poinsettias, and others. It's delightful. We are very careful watering due to the serious drought.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful also for feeling a catharthis from rain this weekend.

Usually these rains have been accompanied by lightening and thunder but during one episode this weekend during the day it was more like a spring rain, without lightning.

So I suited up in a hoodie windbreaker and went out and pulled weeds under the eaves.

Then at one point I just walked out to the middle of the back yard and looked up and let the rain pour down on my face and run down me. It felt so good and made me feel a part of the world rather than a piece of it.

Ippy- wish we could ship you some of our rain, Sweetie!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Thanks, EQ!! It's going to take a Miracle to get us through this rain drought! It's already costs the jobs of many people and caused many animal to flee the area. I've lived in CA all my life and it makes me so sad. Thanks for the thought. Ippy
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Grateful for a cooler day with low humidity. It felt like fall this morning. Even the sunrise had a cool icey look to it.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for the Osprey at the beach I visit. They provide me with many great nature moments. The fish are just the right size this time of the season - nature provides so well.

Yesterday was spectacular! I witnessed six successful hunts in about an hour's time. Where I sit, they fly directly over me with their catch on the way to the nest. On the third one, the Osprey landed just above me in a tree and ate his/her lunch. I had binoculars.

Then he/she went back to feeding the family - they must be fledged by now. It was truly a great day for me.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful while taking a walk in my new neighborhood, there's this sidewalk that goes in a different direction and looks just like the sidewalk in the 1978 movie "Halloween" when Michael was following those girls.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful to be up for the sunrise.

It rained during the night, and all the cloud cover makes the sky a frosty cornflower blue.
Beneath it, the lake is a large misty mirror.
It is like a winter scene given to me in the summertime.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful to awaken naturally to the sunrise.
It is bathing the sky, the trees and the water in a golden shimmering light.
God has dipped it all in gold.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for all the birds on the grass all afternoon, eating invisible things I could not see.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful for the sound of birds in the early morning as the foreground,, and the sound of geese honking in the background.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Naturally grateful to hear sounds at the kitchen window this evening. It sounded like a whirring machine type of noise. When I went over and parted the curtains, there were five birds in the short tree outside the window. Chirping and tilting their heads at me. Cardinal, robin red breast, wren, and others. I have never seen them there before and it was a pleasure to stand stil and watch them. After awhile I thanked them for coming! Lol