Notices

Bedtime Gratitude - Part 42- All Are Welcome!

Old 12-07-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

let me know about a goofy cat thread....my parents had a cattery when I was young...and I have my dopey Cuds today...

Going to bed grateful for an uneventful day...which is just fine
Old 12-07-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Guys ~ there is a cat fancier's thread in social groups
Post away....goofy stories completely welcome!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ers-group.html
Old 12-07-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by LiaAc View Post
I say we start a goofy cat/pet thread.
ACtually, we had a pet thread many years ago, if I recall correctly. I can't believe I will have been an SR member for 10 years in February (the date on the side is wrong). It all started with a case of laryngitis....

UH, my dad use to refer to the litter scoop as the "super duper pooper scooper." That was the deluxe model, I guess.

Grateful for goofy cats.

And grateful for a pleasant outing with the ex and much improved communication, although it seemed to be him that was more "improved" today than I was. Glad to see he's finally figured out he needs to eat when his "sugar blood" gets low (as BArney Fife would say).

--ez
Old 12-07-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Originally Posted by eddie z. View Post
Yes, Lady Gaga is my frequent walking (& singing) companion, too. And I just put a '90s Duran Duran album on my iPod for my next jaunt!

Grateful that I am apparently a good role model for some of the difficult people in my life. Glad I have something good to rub off on them.

And grateful I went to a group meditation at Unity this morning and sat for over an hour. That's a record. Not that long ago, I would have rushed off thinking I had more important things to do...

Love and hugs,
Eddie
I don't know why but for a long time I didn't want to like Gaga. Then I began hearing her songs, not knowing who they were by. When I found out, I was like 'dang these are catchy!!!!'

I love what you said about being grateful for being able to sit still for awhile. I was the same way, now I can actually stop and rest for a bit and quiet my mind. It's a wonder what little things you can accomplish when you are on the straight and content.

Thank you Venus, I'm a-posting!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I love sobriety!!!! I am so grateful for it today!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Grateful I pushed through today. I was loading groceries in the car, and had a drinking thought flash in. I stopped and said to myself: "What's going on EQ?"

Grateful I knew it was anxiety about the little dinner party I was giving tonight.

Grateful I used positive self talk there in the parking lot. I said : "EQ this is just a learning situation for you, If you drank through it, you wouldn't learn anything. That's what you did for 12 years. And that's why you're anxious; it is your first dinner party given as a sober single woman. It's normal to feel anxious trying new things."

Grateful one part of the meal was good and one part I did not like. And I did not stress over it.

Grateful we drank sparkling grape juice in big goblets. Nice to see them get a festive, non alcohol use.

Grateful for good, relaxing company.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

grateful to hop on after gig and say nights SR

and grateful, i'm pooped!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Grateful for the awareness that I now have of what's going on around me.

Grateful that I can go through my day without questioning the sanity of everything I do or say.

Grateful for my health and spiritual well being.

Grateful for being able to sit alone in my skin and be content.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Grateful for after working very hard on church Christmas fair yesterday, I didn't have to put my feet up with a bottle of wine.. Can't say the thought didn't cross my mind!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Yes, Oceanlady, wine and relaxation was my ideal evening after working hard all day.
And I had the physical consequences to deal with in the AM. Many times went in sick and tired to work. I would always be a really bad day...so happy to wake up to being sober!!!
Thank you for your post that reminds me how is was, not how it is today!! Have a blessed day!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Grateful for night lights. Yes, just a little trickle of light is comforting to me when I shower at night and use the bathroom at night.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful I finished my bike Tour yesterday, grateful for nice weather, grateful that the effort supports a good cause.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Grateful I have off tomorrow and so therefore don't have to commute an hour each way to work in this snow / sleet thingy going here.. If I was scheduled I'd be mandated as essential.

Grateful because I moved from a house to a townhome, and the HOA arranges snow removal, that l don't have to shovel. Hallelujah!

Grateful to play with my dog outside in the first snow episode at our new home. He LOVES snow.

Grateful I am starting to get back to being the pack leader as I lost hand over these months of moves.

Grateful this morning at brunch when my nieces 3 yr old twins were too afraid to get close to Santa, that I sat in Santa's lap to show them he was a good guy.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Christmas shopping was taxing today and I've been fighting cravings. Tonight I am thankful for getting through those cravings, for my 11th day of sobriety and having a warm house (with loving hubby and fluffy cats) to come home to.

And especially thankful for SR and my SR friends. Have a great night.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 11 days! It's an amazing journey, with each day sober such an accomplishment. Stay strong!

Grateful tonight that I had a Xmas party with all quests but me drinking and I enjoyed myself.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

grateful to be all hunkered down after a long, though enjoyous weekend
Old 12-08-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Originally Posted by Oceanlady View Post
Congratulations on your 11 days! It's an amazing journey, with each day sober such an accomplishment. Stay strong!

Grateful tonight that I had a Xmas party with all quests but me drinking and I enjoyed myself.
*hug* Thanks Oceanlady I tip my hat to you for your accomplishment. The fact that you were able to relax and have a good time is awesome!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Grateful to have made some headway into my large list of Christmas "tasks" this weekend.

Grateful that my son is not doing to much "self pity" since his girlfriend broke up with him, but is keeping active and busy.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Though it's not alright that I've procrastinated far too long on washing dishes....I am grateful it isn't because of drinking or using...

I'll blame it on not smoking!

Grateful to be out of the snow and cold...good night and good day!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Grateful this morning at brunch when my nieces 3 yr old twins were too afraid to get close to Santa, that I sat in Santa's lap to show them he was a good guy.
Eh hemm. Right. Sure.

Grateful that Eternal sat in Santa's lap PURELY to show her neices that there was nothing to fear..... (Eh Hemm. Again. )