Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > GLBTQ in Recovery
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [7]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
That bell or bike person

Gah bah humbug ! "venting"

You meet someone nice , someone who don't drink , you get on well for a few months then they go all weird on ya

Oh blahdy .. blah blah i was hurt in the past and am an emotional wreck , ohh blah-de-blah blah i'm gonna stay paralysed with fear and not do anything other than whinge about my predicament . i'm gonna get mardy and not seize the day GRRRRR

Right this guy is not going to suffer this kinda thing , this guy brings on the glory of creation this guy wears his heart on his sleeve , this guy roars at life like a mighty elephant , this guy ain't ever going to hide from pain and fear , this guy aint ever going to stop living till the day i die . What i'm doing now is the most important thing .

My mate needs to pull his socks up and get with it otherwise i'll be roaring off to vistas new on my sober bike .

I might be bizarre fruit but i'm gonna be the bestest one this guy can achieve . Nothing and no person is going to stop this sober guy , living in glory .

It is said , it .. is done ,

Bestwishes , m
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mecanix For This Useful Post:
BradJustBrad (01-24-2014), Jaipb2 (01-28-2014), Lethe (01-20-2014), RobbyRobot (01-22-2014), SnoozyQ (01-27-2014), soberhawk (01-20-2014), Weasel1966 (01-22-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

That's what people do, get all wierd......

Sober: 7/8/14
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Lethe (01-20-2014), mecanix (01-20-2014), SnoozyQ (01-27-2014), Weasel1966 (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

I like your attitude! To bad I live in California.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PuertoNuevo For This Useful Post:
mecanix (01-22-2014), SnoozyQ (01-27-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
That bell or bike person

Hey Y'all ,
the lines of communication are open i'm still waiting to see what happens ..

When i look at my life i have no real hardship , i have anything someone could reasonably want from life and maybe more , luckily being born in the city i was, in the country i was , in the times we are all living in .

How glorious to live in a place and time where one can have an issue with ones lover, even more ones homosexual lover, post about it and get kind responses from around the world .

I feel the common bond we all share and unites us tonight , it gives me great strength under my sober wings

You are all great . thanks very much , bestwishes, m
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mecanix For This Useful Post:
Raider (01-22-2014), RobbyRobot (01-22-2014), SnoozyQ (01-27-2014), Weasel1966 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sobriety is Traditional

I look around this world, and see that everyone is codependent in one way or another. Nobody is perfect--if you spend your whole life searching for the perfect mate, or thinking you can make your mate perfect, you'll go crazy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coldfusion For This Useful Post:
mecanix (01-22-2014), SnoozyQ (01-27-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

There are no custom fits in this off-the-rack world....

Sober: 7/8/14
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
fedupbeyondall (01-24-2014), mecanix (01-22-2014), SnoozyQ (01-27-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
That bell or bike person

Well in a few days things change ,

My friend has got himself together a bit , maybe got in touch with what you all might know as an "attitude of gratitude" in relation to how things are for him … maybe found some acceptance , had a good long chat with me

Nice to have the nice guy back …

Bestwishes, m
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mecanix For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (01-28-2014), Weasel1966 (01-30-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
That bell or bike person

Hey just thought i'd re-visit this .. 3 months down the line and things are going fine .. 7 months in total

keeping the lines of communication open , letting people have space and freedom , not immediately assuming there is something wrong … how terribly drunk, stuck and difficult i was in the past … sometimes i still get fits of pique (see above) but as time goes on i'm learning and growing .

cheers , m
The Following User Says Thank You to mecanix For This Useful Post:
nandm (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Good to hear things are going well for you, mec.
The Following User Says Thank You to BradJustBrad For This Useful Post:
mecanix (04-13-2014)

Tags
grrr, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, prv, steam