Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > GLBTQ in Recovery
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [4]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

5 and crazy

OK. I've been sober now five years and I'm feeling like I'm in worse shape then ever. Wth. Anyone have experience with what it wax like for them at 5 .....
The Following User Says Thank You to cloud8 For This Useful Post:
Mattcake (12-11-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

5 wasn't that much different to 4 for me cloud?

what do you mean by 'worse shape than ever' tho?

D

thanks to member Northof49 for my SR avatar.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dont worry

Hey i am 25yrs still i have my off days , try and get to a meeting and share about it ,hugs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Part of the problem actually all of the problem started after I quit smoking. I am very competative. My friends in recovery stooped smoking including my spinse. And they all have Bern sober less time then me. I figuard that proved I was less then them and not working a program. After 20 days of not likeonv my life anymore. I started back. It seems I stoped for the wrong reason.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Not sure I totally 'get' the feelings of inferiority, or why it matters they have less time than you Cloud?

but stopping smoking is rough for a lot of people, and sends a lot of people half crazy lol...

Try the Quit programme. I hear it's very good

Quit.com | Get Help to Quit Smoking & Stop Smoking for Good

D

thanks to member Northof49 for my SR avatar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Mattcake (12-11-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
cfm

Hey, don't feel pregnant, 5 yrs can be a bitch, it happens to alot alot of people ( I really don't think ANYONE know why) but who cares your not alone.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm just not sure what to think anymore. Am I working it living it. Doing enough. Am I to selfcenterd. Do I honestly give a crap. I only know one thing for sure. Dry drunk in recovery or not I don't want to drink. That is why I came here. I now have a home a job. Friends. Like myself more then ever before. My car runs. People trust me. Sure I still lie from time to time throw bills I can't pay in the trash. Canny or maybe don't want to have a intament relationship. But I also have no troubles to speak of. I'm not woundering the streets my curtains at home are open. I've helped others find there way sober. TS just now I'm asking is this all there is. I really need to leave that be and just take it back to I am what I am. Not what they are. Thanks us. But I will say smoking again feels soooooo good. Poland five years is a challenge to say the least. And if I here one more quote from the book or canned response from someone I'm gonna puke.lol
The Following User Says Thank You to cloud8 For This Useful Post:
Mattcake (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
grateful orbital boy =)

I've not reached 5 (more like 3) but, after the first rosy year, it's been a rough ride for me.

I keep reminding myself that every sober second is progress. Gratitude helps too.

Regarding the cigarette thing, I'd recommend looking into Allen Carr's book "The EasyWay to Stop Smoking." Seems like it's the most effective method available.

Hang in there, Cloud, it'll get easier.