Hello

Old 06-09-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

I had a heck of a time trying to sleep tonight. When I finally managed to get there, I wished I hadn't. My dreams have been awful lately.

Tonight, in my sleep, I came home to my recently sober boyfriend having gotten all new bedroom furniture. And two shady new friends to match. And seven house cats (I'm allergic). And I kept being yelled at, then ignored. He let these new friends be very mean and kept siding with them. And then expecting different sexual variations with them, none including the two of us together. Ah, and my brother (also an addict) kept showing up. And there were so many children.

I woke up into a mild panic attack...calmed down eventually, and began to look up dream meanings. Duh, it's not like I need someone to tell me what that all meant. But luckily it led me to this forum, and it's given me some reading material during my ensuing insomnia. I'm a crier, so it's definitely not been easy reading, but I appreciate it.

I am diagnosed with bipolar 2 and an anxiety disorder, but recently was let go by my therapist and psychiatrist for missing too many appointments. The last straw? Boyfriend ODd in bando with brother when he was supposed to be at work... Got a phone call in the middle of the night when he was picked up by the cops for sleeping in a neighbors vehicle. Missed my appointment with my therapist in the morning and was let go. My problems were around long before all this. Not made any easier by my own past rampant drug use. And certainly not helped by the stress of two of the three people I love most in the world being heroin addicts. Wishing so hard right now I had anything back that made this easier. Honestly missing drugs a little myself right now.

So I guess this is me introducing myself. Hello.

I looked up naranon meetings close to me tonight. Thank you, already.

Last edited by JaeEmm; 06-09-2017 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Add
Old 06-09-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jae- dreams can mean everything or nothing. I just accept they are there- and it just is. Dreams do not hurt, they carry no loaded gun. I hope you go to the meetings and see about getting support and being able to meet them.