Hello again.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello again.

I am a recovering co-dependent. Sometimes I still have addict behavior. My husband (recovering heroin addict) tells me certain things I say or think (insecurities).
My husband has been sober from heroin for over a year. He goes to meetings all the time and even found a job at a rehab. They are paying for him to get his licence to counsel others. Please feel free to read through my posts or ask me my story through a private message. I will be more than happy to respond.
I have been off the pages quite awhile as life gets busy. (I am the best at making really good reasons/excuses) I started attending AA with my husband once a week. I like it. I only started going with him once he hit a year. I really let him have HIS THING. Make HIS OWN friends. His friends are the key to HIS recovery. He is a social being. It is important that he has these guys who are in recovery that he cares about and has fun with. I am so grateful for these people who love him.
It was really difficult to deal with him being out so much. Trust issues and worry but... I pushed it away. I didn't let it RUIN IT. I let him go and do what he wanted and needed to do. Recovery needs to be selfish. It needs to bloom. I needed to let him go out every night and trust that he was recovering. He did. His actions and personality bloomed.
If you think they are using again - THEY ARE.
It was obvious to me that he wasn't using.
So, I am here. I want to try and help other co-dependents gain their strength.
for reading.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, you sound really good, Keepinit. Thanks for checking in. I agree that recovery is hard work. Glad you hung n.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

tyou
Old 03-25-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's great to read a "happy ending" post. Best to you and your husband!
Old 03-25-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good for you for respecting his recovery and I am so happy that he has a year on the good path.

Your own recovery and lack of obsession to control things is admirable and an inspiration.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Hugs