Make Yourself a Promise

Old 03-28-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I promise myself to ditch this sour attitude before I start my work day...it sure doesn't help to start the day off grouchy.

A cup of coffee and a dose of inspiration through reading the shares of fellow SR members sure does help.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

To keep being mindful- in the here and now as well as pursuing dreams of a peaceful life.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya, sending hugs of joy to you today. If we can't change our circumstance, then we can change our attitude.

PJ, you have taught me a lot about being mindful. it helps me when I take pause to feel what I am feeling and then do what I need to be a better person...or just feel gratitude when all is well.

I just finished reading a book written by a war journalist who spent a lot of time in Syria and before that, Bosnia, a heart wrenching story of how these wars affect the people who live there, the men who just want to protect their families and feed them, the women and the children, the very old and those who have lost everything, including all their family, to the ravages of war.

So, today I promise myself to feel the gratitude and to say "thank YOU" for a warm home, good food and water and peace in my part of the world. All things that I tend to take for granted...or worse, that I complain about some days.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I got caught up in the day and didn't make a promise today, so this is for tomorrow...

I promise that I will spend time in nature and hopefully walk the lake trail. The spring migration has begun and it's too lovely to miss.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I promise myself to not be intimidated into giving up and cancelling much needed healthcare so that I might give in to demands of others on my free time. I must keep in mind that it will all work out at the end of the day, even if standing my ground and continuing to take care of myself and the consequences of doing so (guilted and feeling threatened) will be uncomfortable to get through.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

To be mindful, in the day. To let go of stress, just for one day.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya has inspired my promise to myself today...I will make an overdue dental appointment for the next week or two and get checked and cleaned up to date.

And I will feel the joy that April brings, a feeling that it really IS spring.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

To keep doing the mindful crap- until it becomes mindful.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I made a promise this morning to get out in the sunshine and it's such a lovely warm day I think I will take a second walk. How wonderful the sun and the smell of spring is.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ann - Great avatar! I also enjoyed your share on the loveliness of spring -- hoping you enjoyed your day.

Today, I promise myself to try and take it one day at a time and to trust in God.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today looks like rain so I promise myself to use the day productively and get housework and errands done...so that I can enjoy the outdoors when the storm has passed.

On the spiritual side, I promise myself to do one thing to help one person in this world today, to support a cause or send flowers to someone who needs beauty in their lives. One thing can cause ripples of peace far beyond our initial deed.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

To do one thing I have not done yet I have been thinking about. Sketching in the botanical gardens.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

PJ, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend your day. I can only imagine the peace you would feel there among such beautiful flowers.

I didn't live up to my first promise, I spent much of my day setting up a new printer and was too pooped for housework when I was done. Setting up new printers is not for weenies, I think I filled my swear jar and broke my serenity for the afternoon, lol.

But I did get in two walks in warm sunshine and I took one of my neighbours some Easter treats for her and her teenage boys. A couple of times she had done things for me, like shoveling our walk in the winter when the snow removal people were late, so it felt good to do something nice back.