Decisions

Old 03-17-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Decisions

Decisions
by Ralph Marston

Small decisions are vitally important. Because they’re the ones that keep you on track.

The big, momentous decisions set the direction for your life. And the small, everyday decisions are what enable you to maintain that direction.

Small decisions are easy to make. Unfortunately, they are just as easy to ignore.

Pay attention and take active, intentional control of the small decisions. You’ll quickly experience great power in their cumulative influence.

The big decisions are expressions of your commitments. The small, moment-by-moment decisions give life and substance to those commitments.

Give careful thought and consideration to the big decisions. Then use the hundreds of small decisions you make each day to bring those big decisions to life.

© 2008 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
From The Daily Motivator website
Old 03-17-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Early in recovery it was overwhelming for me to even try to make a decision, any decision. What if I made a mistake? What if nobody likes me if I do that? What if I can't accomplish what I set out to do? What if....?

I learned that I could make little decisions and feel good about it. I tended to isolate and stay in the house a lot so I made the decision to walk two blocks to the downtown of the little town we lived in at the time, and to visit two shops and talk to someone about something....even if it was just "nice day, isn't it?"

That alone was scary the first time, less so the second, and before you know it I had made acquaintances, even friendships, with some of the shop keepers in town.

I couldn't make the big decision about recovery so I made the little decision to go to just one meeting...maybe even two...and that was the beginning of bigger decisions to change my life.

We are each capable of making little decisions. The decision to spend an hour in nature every day, or to read for half an hour something that would inspire us...a nice poem or short reading...like this one.

The small decisions are "doable" for almost any one of us. Don't worry if they will lead to bigger decisions later. Just for today make a little decision to do something that will make you feel better...even if you don't feel like it...ESPECIALLY if you don't feel like it.

And throw the "what if's" to the universe and instead say "Why Not?"

Hugs
Old 03-18-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow. ^^^ Priceless share. Thank you.

Today, I am encouraged to stop and focus on the difference "little decisions" might make in my life.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya, for me I tried to make small positive decisions and I noticed how powerful those little decisions could be.

Making the decision to clean just one room, remove the clutter and make it a "happy place" to be. Clean the windows to let the sun shine in and wash the curtains if needed. Just one room, not the whole house...and when it is done add a small bouquet of flowers or some African violets in a pretty container. Such a feeling of accomplishment doing this brings. One little thing.

When life overwhelms me, as it often does, I find breaking things into smaller "doable" projects helps me to keep going and feel good about my accomplishments, however small.

Let me know how you make out today, I promise it will make a difference.

Hugs