I'm divorced!

Old 02-15-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm divorced!

Guess how I found out?

I was at the Sprint store yesterday trying to figure out how to get off my own phone plan (apparently ex had all this under my name all along). Well, it's not fraud if your married, or so the cops told me, so my only way out is to pay Sprint $1000 because X is renting 6 freaking phones! He has 6 phones! All in my name. Nice.

Anyway, I was telling X to just do the right thing and do a transfer of liability, but he refused because that would cost him money (and why wouldn't he want ME to be liable?) He then says, "You know our agreement isn't final yet, if you f### with my phone I won't initial the last paper." (He's giving me the house- which I really, really don't want to lose.

So I call my lawyer. "WTF is he talking about?"

And he tells me X is BSing, as always. Judgment has been ordered! I should be receiving it in the mail shortly.

Hahahaha!

I text my ex "We're divorced".

He replies, "We can get married again."

It takes everything in me not to respond with, "Is that a threat?"

Anyway, gotta go! Celebrating with the girls.

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 02-15-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YAESSSSS!!!! CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH!!!

(Six phones? That's....creative.)

(Oh, and honey? Too right you're going to **** with "his" phone. Like first thing tomorrow!)

Old 02-15-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wait a minute...

If he rented the six phones in your name, doesn't it mean that you have access to all the data? Who he called/how long/ etc.?

That said, you deserve a celebration!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"We can get married again"

OMG. Glad you got out and celebrated, you deserve it!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wooohoooo!!! Congrats and a celebration is definitely in order🎉😀
Old 02-16-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
You know...I always think it's sad when, for one reason or another, a marriage has to end, and yours in no exception. But when marriage taxes our sanity, well-being, and happiness, there's little choice BUT to end it. So I'm glad that you're out from under this and out from under him. You have your life back. Make sure you make the best of this opportunity.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is no sadness left in me. I was a pawn in his disordered game.

Now that we're divorced I can finally file bankruptcy. After that I'll change my social security number and signature (I was advised by an attorney to wait to change them as that way bankruptcy won't show up under my social- not sure if he's right about that, but I definitely don't want to take the chance of X ever doing anything in my name again).

Today I went through the drive-thru at my local coffee shop. I asked the girl, "Do I look different to you?"

"Well, your hairs a little curly?"

"I'm divorced!"

"Congratulations!" She said. "Me too!"

She then told me that she's always enjoyed seeing me, that I'm such a positive person and that she sees how patient and loving I am with my kids. I've been going there on an almost daily basis and we never had any exchange much deeper than, "How are you" and "Thank you", but she saw good in me all along. It's so funny how divulging something personal like this, however inappropriate, can make friends out of strangers.

I love my life!

I love who I'm becoming. I wouldn't be this person if it wasn't for all he put me through. I was content to be shy and isolated. He forced me out of the shadows. I realized I couldn't do this alone. I sought a support system and it's growing by the minute.

Really, it is so true- EVERYTHING happens for a reason!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wish you nothing but the very best. Yo'uve been through hell and deserve to be happy. Make the best of it and take good care of yourself and those kids!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have said before that often, when a marriage ends, it's like closing the door on an already empty room.

I'm celebrating the end of the madness with you girl, glad that you can see the "strangely wrapped gift" in all this and wishing you nothing but wonderful, peaceful, happy days ahead.

Hugs *throws flower petals in the air and whistles I Will Survive while disco-ing down the street!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGwHtGBZJU

Old 02-17-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have never heard of being able to file bankruptcy then change your social to a new one? Are you sure that's possible?

So glad to hear you are free!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wishing you all the best as you move forward to the next chapter of your life!
Old 02-17-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I have never heard of being able to file bankruptcy then change your social to a new one? Are you sure that's possible?

So glad to hear you are free!
You can get a new social if you've had several incidents of identity theft. It doesn't cost anything, but you do have to be able to prove it, which I think (hope!) I could. However, from what I understand, everything transfers over from your old one. So I really don't think that attorney was correct.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the well wishes and support.