Update- The bottom looks ugly

Old 12-10-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I admire your strength and resolve. It's never easy but as you said especially hard during the holidays. I pray JJ is at the finish line along with all of our addicts, who we love so much.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The rock bottom? where is it ? so different for so many....mine to one good and one still thinks he is strong enough to do on his own. I pray every day it never stops, waiting for the phone to ring...................prayers to you my dear T.....Please take care of you....give it to the higher power for some relief from your heart and soul............we know hes down this before and had time under his belt Hugs to you always
Old 12-11-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Aww T, you know I have been there and I know exactly what you are going through. I pray continually for JJ and so many others who suffer from addiction but I also pray for all the parents. You are doing exactly what you need to, offering help but not enabling. Praying he is ready to stop the madness and want to get clean. Much love and hugs. Thanks for the update. XO
Old 12-11-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So sorry you are going through this again. You and JJ have always been, and still are, in my prayers. Sending you hugs and love.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Update: JJ has been talking with me on Facebook. I informed him that the rehab was available and that he could detox there but they wanted him to get suboxone. He has no medical insurance. He said he would try to get into detox so we shall see. This is the most communication I've had with him for the last 3 months. He knows I am here to take him to a program when he is ready. thanks for the prayers, please keep them going!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Update: JJ has been talking with me on Facebook. I informed him that the rehab was available and that he could detox there but they wanted him to get suboxone. He has no medical insurance. He said he would try to get into detox so we shall see. This is the most communication I've had with him for the last 3 months. He knows I am here to take him to a program when he is ready. thanks for the prayers, please keep them going!
Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and JJ. I know your pain all too well...
Old 12-12-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ilovemysonjj,

"He knows I am here to take him to a program when he is ready. "

Honestly, that is all you can do. It is good that he knows you are there for him.

The first facility that my daughter went to (yes, there have been others) administered a Suboxone rapid detox program at the rehab. Something like 5 days and she was off of Suboxone - just took the edge off of the worst of the heroin withdrawal symptoms.

"...... the rehab was available and that he could detox there but they wanted him to get suboxone........ He said he would try to get into detox so we shall see....."

This statement confused me - does the rehab not have a detox program and they are suggesting that he go to a detox first? We have experience with that scenario also.

Either way, it is great he is talking about rehab and seems willing to go - that is a wonderful first step!

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 12-13-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Jim. The rehab we are looking at is not usually equipped for detox. there are specific facilities that offer free detox services and then the person goes to an inpatient rehab. JJ is trying to get into the Volunteers of America detox which is 10 days natural detox. I would have assisted him on the suboxone, but he declined that. Maybe he's not done yet. Somehow I made it through my relapse of codependency and fear and terror and now I am accepting that JJ is who he is. He needs to be the one to make the step now.
At least for this moment, I am at peace.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
Hi Jim. The rehab we are looking at is not usually equipped for detox. there are specific facilities that offer free detox services and then the person goes to an inpatient rehab. JJ is trying to get into the Volunteers of America detox which is 10 days natural detox. I would have assisted him on the suboxone, but he declined that. Maybe he's not done yet. Somehow I made it through my relapse of codependency and fear and terror and now I am accepting that JJ is who he is. He needs to be the one to make the step now.
At least for this moment, I am at peace.

T I am proud of your mom step and got thru your relapse....hugs to you always
Old 12-13-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ilovemysonjj,

"....facilities that offer free detox services and then the person goes to an inpatient rehab. JJ is trying to get into the Volunteers of America detox which is 10 days natural detox..."

"natural detox" -- I think he is committed!

"Somehow I made it through my relapse of codependency and fear and terror and now I am accepting that JJ is who he is......At least for this moment, I am at peace." Great job mom! Wishing you and JJ all the best.

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 12-13-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It sounds like another mama hovership has landed, and I suspect JJ just may do okay all by himself.

I keep the prayers going, for all our addicted loved ones and a special prayer for JJ tonight.

Hugs
Old 12-14-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

He's looking to get into detox on his own? That's awesome news!! It means he is willing to deal with the situation and take action - like an adult, on his own. I pray it'll all go well.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Continuing prayers for you and your son.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Being the parent of an addict is not for the faint of heart.

My AD checked herself into detox on a few occasions but could not stick with it. She has detoxed on her own and in jail a few times though. For now, she is clean but who knows what the future will bring? I've come to terms with the fact that she will find her own way in life. She would not want me to worry and I do less of it these days.

You and JJ are in my prayers.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks all! So no detox yet but really he knows EXACTLY what he needs to do. I think he has found another enabler to support him so there is no urgency on his part. I hope he is realizing that he is in charge of his life and maybe just maybe he can figure out how to live better and find that balance. Even with the offer of rehab I have given him, if NOTHING CHANGES than NOTHING CHANGES. His going to rehab is a certain break from the insanity for me, but what would that change in terms of his plans for after rehab?
His silence since the weekend is a given that he is probably not ready.
EJG, I know we have both been dealing with this DEMON for a long time. Thank you for the reinforcement. JJ has also told me to stop worrying. I should follow that request
Old 12-15-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

T your own my mind tonight....wishing you some peace ....................
My son also has a so called girlfriend/enabler she doesn't hand over drugs but makes his life very easy almost like a sugar momma....wish it was love and it would help move forward in recovery but so far not the case and im asked to not worry as well "he" has it under control..............prayers for all of us and our addicts/ children we love dearly.............................