He still denies the truth

Old 10-26-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He still denies the truth

Over last couple
Of weeks I've discovered several indicators that my husband is using again. After many conservations that resulted in him saying I'm wrong and then finally admitting to well I did take opiates again when i had my surgery to I had to buy some more off a girl who he had previously denied knowing altogether aside from her being saved in his contacts to I did use but I got off it by myself I'm doing good now. I'm changing you got to trust me. Thousands of dollars gone without a trace and I'm suppose to trust him. Plus this isn't the first time. And this time I have people talking about their husbands who I had sworn off my property because I was suspicious of them and that I have come to find out their wives are alleged if they were coming to my house to do meth or heroin or some kind of drug with my husband
Husband says trust me. But how can I. It's worse then ever and now people are talking. So how do I know what is true from false. Olive he denied drug test when I first confronted him and lied about money
Old 10-26-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Of course you cannot and should not trust him. Drugs on my premises are unacceptable to me - I requested my addicted then husband to remove himself from premises and now he is my XAH.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, M martin. Is there a way to keep your husband from access to money? Cut up his atm? Something? He is an active addict, and that is expensive.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Husband says trust me. But how can I. It's worse then ever and now people are talking. So how do I know what is true from false. Olive he denied drug test when I first confronted him and lied about money
You can't trust him because he is not trustworthy. He is in active addiction. The truth is what you see- positive drug tests, money missing from the account, his crazy behavior. His words are false.

He has shown that he has no respect for anyone or anything and has no problem endangering his family with his drug use. You deserve better. Have you checked into any type of support for yourself? 12 step meetings or individual counseling? That can help you to feel less crazy.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Mmartin...I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting. Welcome to the Board.

In situations such as yours, there's a general rule of thumb that is applicable: if the addict's lips are moving, they're lying.

If you accept this as true, then the decisions have you to make regarding your sanity and your finances become a lot easier. Do what you need to do to protect yourself.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Hi, M martin. Is there a way to keep your husband from access to money? Cut up his atm? Something? He is an active addict, and that is expensive.
I got my own account last year when this all happened then. I just have access to his account.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Husband says trust me. But how can I. It's worse then ever and now people are talking. So how do I know what is true from false.
All the evidence points to false, he’s lying because he’s back to using again.
I think a part of our own protection from hurt is denial. We keep on wanting to believe them because maybe it just might not be true and there for we won’t be forced to have to make life changing decisions for ourselves.