Update: kicking and screaming

Old 10-08-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update: kicking and screaming

As many of you know I gave my fiancé two choices.... Go to rehab or go off and live with heroin. After two days of sitting in my driveway, begging, screaming, and the realization that not one family member would take him in (we were all in agreement):... He called his mom and said "fine...I chose rehab" I refused to budge..... I was tortured all day at work yesterday by 5,000 texts demanding to detox at home, demanding money for dope (don't worry I didn't cave) I stood my ground. Through all of the awful manipulation I looked him dead in the face and said "heroin is not welcome in my home, I'm not forcing you into rehab.... The choice is yours; get sober and be with me or chose heroin and that's fine but you must leave. I have remained close with his counselor and he told me he was so proud that I stood my ground and dug my heels deep in the dirt standing firm! While it was an excruciating Experiance hearing how much he hates me, wishes he never met me, loathes my very existence..... His mother dropped him off at rehab. She got him there at 1:00am and kicking and screaming he accepted yet another stint in rehab. I'm not sure what's next....... But I feel proud for standing my ground. I know that rehab.... Even somewhat forced is better than finding him dead on my couch. Please pray for us
Old 10-08-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, Nelly. Had to be hard. I hope your strength yields a good result. Whatever happens, you did good.

Last edited by Maudcat; 10-08-2016 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yes, what you did took real courage and I am glad you were able to stand firm in your boundaries.

My prayers go out for him, that this time is different because his willingness to get clean and stay clean is different.

Hugs
Old 10-10-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So awesome that you stood your ground! I find its so important to keep your word and be stern when it comes to addict significant others. Easier said than done because most of the time they are so manipulative 😔. GOOD FOR YOU! 💃
Old 10-10-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When you stood your ground you stood up for yourself, and you're worth it!