It's been a long journey

Old 09-26-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been a long journey

I haven't posted in over a year and at that time I was conflicted over whether to invite my son to a party at my house. I didn't invite him. Since that time, he and his gf had a baby who turns one in November and she is expecting a second child in April.

My son never stopped having issues and he just completed another 28 day rehab stay and got out one week ago today.

This past Friday, I had the baby while his gf was working and when I brought her home we could see through their bow window that he looked like he was passed out. He was actually dead and this is the biggest nightmare of my life. I know I haven't been here lately but people here were so kind when I was. This year I invited him to the 4th of July party and he was wonderful. Not even one issue. He drank a few beers and that was it. So I'm glad that we had that.

Thank you all for helping me when I needed it most and no one else I knew understood.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I can't imagine your heartbreak. I'm glad you have some good memories. Hold those tight. I'm sure he knew he was loved. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
Old 09-26-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ownedbypugs, I am so incredibly sorry. I can't think of the right words to say, just know my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh my god. I am so so sorry. How awful. I have no words, but am sending you all the healing vibes I can.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i am so very sorry to hear this. i cannot begin to imagine what you are feeling and thinking.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dearest Pugs, I am so deeply sorry to hear this. We all understand that any given moment, our loved ones could leave this earth due to their addiction. BUT the reality is beyond "understanding" unless it happens to you. I am glad you had a good day with your son on July 4. Praying for his children and your strength in this difficult time.
Hugs
Teresa
Old 09-26-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ownedbypugs I am so very sorry to read this. I cannot begin to find the words to bring comfort but I hope you have many family and friends who are there for you. I am glad you came here to tell us and get support. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, especially your dear grandchildren. May God bring you peace and comfort at this very sad time. Hugs.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm terribly sorry for you and your family. My condolences.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear sending you hugs
Old 09-26-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ownedbypugs View Post
I haven't posted in over a year and at that time I was conflicted over whether to invite my son to a party at my house. I didn't invite him. Since that time, he and his gf had a baby who turns one in November and she is expecting a second child in April.

My son never stopped having issues and he just completed another 28 day rehab stay and got out one week ago today.

This past Friday, I had the baby while his gf was working and when I brought her home we could see through their bow window that he looked like he was passed out. He was actually dead and this is the biggest nightmare of my life. I know I haven't been here lately but people here were so kind when I was. This year I invited him to the 4th of July party and he was wonderful. Not even one issue. He drank a few beers and that was it. So I'm glad that we had that.

Thank you all for helping me when I needed it most and no one else I knew understood.
So sorry, sending you a hug and my deepest condolences.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nelly1,

".........completed another 28 day rehab stay and got out one week ago today."

The absolute most dangerous time for relapse. "Of course I can do three bags, I always do three bags..........."

So glad you had a good 4th of July with him, so sorry you were the one to find him, I can't even imagine.

Hugs and prayers for you and the grand kids.

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 09-26-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The day he got out of rehab my husband picked him up and filmed it. He says "hi Mom". Him and I went out Tuesday and went shopping and got Chinese food. Thursday we had words because he was drinking. When I left his house I said "call me if you need a ride to a meeting or you get clean and sober" and left. The next time
I saw him he was gone.

The worst part is that someone was there with him because there were no drugs, or rolled up bills, etc laying around. The detective thinks whoever was there cleaned up and left without calling 911.

I can barely get through 10 mins without crying and of course I feel bad that I yelled at him.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending you strength and hope to get through each moment of your awful living nightmare.
There are no words I know that may help you at this time suffice to say my thoughts are with you tonight.

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 09-26-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Again so sorry. The pain your experiencing is unimaginable.... each one of us here knows this is a reality we may face sometime with an addicted loved one... My heart goes out to you a million times for having to face this loss. Do not lose yourself in the what ifs or what you should or should not have done. You did what anyone here would have done "call me when your sober" expressing sadness over seeing him drinking so soon after rehab. It sounds like you and your son had a great day shopping and going out to eat, cherish those happy times and remember him in that light. my prayers go out to you, your family, and your grandchildren.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss!! My condolences to you and your family❤️
Old 09-26-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm just so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious son. Please know that you, his girlfriend and your grandbabies will be in my prayers.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so deeply sorry and my heart and prayers go out for you and all who loved him. It breaks my heart each time we lose a loved one here, we all understand so well that under the sickness of addiction is the person they used to be, and that is the person we mourn most.

Hugs from my heart to yours.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. The sadness that addiction brings is unrelenting. Prayers for you and your family.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

((hugs))