True Love -- What It Is

Old 09-07-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

True Love -- What It Is

I read this definition on a FB video.

"True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. "

I had thought I was getting over my XRAF, and then I read this, and I started crying. Yes, I wish he felt, had felt, would feel that way about me. But at least I know at least one other person (the person who wrote that definition) knows what I know, that my friend has been truly loved.

And it doesn't have to be an "SO." It can be a child, a parent, a sister, a brother, it can be anyone. I was blessed to have one person in my life I could truly love. I wish I could send this to his family because they truly love him too, but he has forbidden me to reach out to them and they seem to be accepting his rule.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Firesong.....a lovely definition, I think....
Old 09-08-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be
Yeah, that sounds about right. And I'm confident that one day you get to experience that for yourself.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Firesong,

When I wrote down my immediate feelings after my break-up with an addict I was able to put down many of my emotions toward him. Frustration, anger, disbelief, sadness..but by the time I got to the end of my letter I realized that I had been able to truly love, to love when it was not easy, to love when I was hurting...the saddest part of that realization was not that I had loved but that my ex had became unable to feel and experience what I had because of his addiction. For that fact I am sad for him. Because to know your own great capacity to love it a most wonderful thing. That is one thing I hope to never regret.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barkley77 View Post
Firesong,

When I wrote down my immediate feelings after my break-up with an addict I was able to put down many of my emotions toward him. Frustration, anger, disbelief, sadness..but by the time I got to the end of my letter I realized that I had been able to truly love, to love when it was not easy, to love when I was hurting...the saddest part of that realization was not that I had loved but that my ex had became unable to feel and experience what I had because of his addiction. For that fact I am sad for him. Because to know your own great capacity to love it a most wonderful thing. That is one thing I hope to never regret.
Me too. We get it.