Question on suboxone and adderall

Old 07-19-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Question on suboxone and adderall

Anyone dealing with a loved one who takes high doses of suboxone and Adderall ? I would like to hear what any of you notice as the side effects of this and what you notice when they are out of or off of these drugs for me I notice he is grouchy and sleeps ALL the time that's how I know he is out of his meds...
Old 07-19-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, my husband has been abusing both for a long time. He hid it from me so I never knew what he was on although I always knew when something was off. I found suboxone wrappers and adderall on several occassions. He finally admitted to taking suboxone for years and having a very difficult time getting off of it. He very well may have been abusing other drugs as well, but this is the side effects I noticed for years....up and down moods, really hyper and productive at work or lazy and sleepy, insomnia, zero sex drive, shaky hands, sweats like crazy, and he has been so up and down with his weight. He is either overweight or skinny and it seems to change constantly.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My AS is on methadone, but it's dispensed at the pharmacy here in town. She's also on anti-depressants. On a good day she's wonderful, but there's high potential for substance abuse. I do know she has to take it at about the same time every morning, otherwise she gets getting withdrawal symptoms.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, mine just drives me crazy with the sleeping all the time and no motivation at all he will sleep all day every day and the moodiness and just laziness no intrest in anything
Old 07-21-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mc0805 View Post
Thanks, mine just drives me crazy with the sleeping all the time and no motivation at all he will sleep all day every day and the moodiness and just laziness no intrest in anything
He might want to speak to his doctor about that. From what I understand, the point of these programs is to allow the addict to continue to lead as normal of a life as possible.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If they are out of the drugs too soon, they are obviously being abused. I just heard yesterday that subx abuse is up 400% over last year.