First Court Date

Old 06-08-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Court Date

Had a dream last night that I showed up to court in jeans and a tank top. I asked the judge if I could change, and he was most accomodating. So I did- but once I returned I realized I was not wearing my high heels, only white socks.

What is with all these dreams about footwear in the courtroom? Most of the time, it's that I'm missing shoes- either one or both. I had one dream where I was wearing flip flops.

Anyway, I showed up (real life, not a dream) and there was F sitting in the waiting room. He had his head in his lap, was sniffling, and looked just miserable.

"He's putting on quite a show," I said to my mother, who had accompanied me.

My lawyer spoke with his, and we got him to agree to continue paying community bills and give me $700/ month, let me live in the house (for now), and best of all- temporary primary custody of the kids, with him getting two overnight visits a week. This is more than I am comfortable with, but less than I expected him to agree to. Progress!

Then I went to the mediation orientation and filled out paperwork. F didn't show up until a good 20 minutes after me, and when he did, his demeanor was much different. Fidgeting, messing with his hat.

Oh. He wasn't putting on a show. He really was miserable- he was going through withdrawals. And the second he realized he wasn't going to get tested today, he went to his car and got high.

Or maybe not. It's not my job anymore to try to figure out what he's up to, and it never was, despite what I believed before.

Anyway, things are looking good, I think. He's still seeking sole, but ummm... he's okay with seeing them only 20% of the time?

Whatever. I'm feeling good, feeling hopeful. And I rocked that suit and heels!

I just had to write about my experience today. Thank you to all who've supported me through this.

As the wise Zoso once said, "There's nothing left there. He made sure of that." He really did, and I must thank him. He's made getting over him so wonderfully easy. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Love to you all. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs.

Here's to hopeful and positive days to come.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOL at the shoes dreams. I bet you did rock your suit and heels!

I am glad it went well, and that it's not your problem to figure out his issues.

Many, many hugs!
Old 06-09-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great news and it's so nice when they make it easy to get over them! I'm sure you looked fabulous in your suit and heals!! 👍🏻😀
Old 06-09-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad your court date went well. Oh those weird dreams! I can sympathize.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it all went well. For fun I searched what those shoe dreams may symbolize...Hmmm, sounds like you are well on a path to new things - Before long you will be rocking those high heels in your dreams too

In general, shoes represent your approach to life... If you dream that you lose your shoes, then it suggests that you are searching for your identity and finding yourself. It suggests that you are leaving behind your inhibitions. You are refusing to conform to some idea or attitude.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i have a series of constantly weird dreams.....they always seem to have to do with a cruise ship and trying to get to the ship and misplacing the tickets. or being on the ship and trying to figure out when we have to get off to get back home and not finding the tickets. as a bonus, i either get my mom (deceased) or my ex husband ( i really don't get that part???) or my old flame. or sometimes all three.

but their just dreams. things my brain does for fun when i actually GET some sleep.

dreams or not, barefoot or in hooker shoes, you ROCKED the court today.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greeteachday View Post
Glad it all went well. For fun I searched what those shoe dreams may symbolize...Hmmm, sounds like you are well on a path to new things - Before long you will be rocking those high heels in your dreams too
I had seen that interpretation, too, but had also seen other interpretations where it meant that I was unprepared for something. I will just go ahead and choose to believe it's what you quoted. Really, there is no way in heck I'm not prepared for this. I've devoted every waking minute to researching divorce these past few months.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Really glad your court date went well. I remember the anxiety I used to feel. It was always worse than the actual event.
Those stress dreams are something else. I had quite a few, but the one I remember best is when the judge told me and my ex we both had to prepare a musical number pleading our cases, like a Broadway-style song and dance routine. I spent the whole time looking for bottle caps to stick in the soles of my shoes so that I could tap dance convincingly (what is it with shoes, lol) and woke up with my heart pounding because it was my turn to perform and I realized I hadn't made up a song.
Sending hugs and strength your way. Let me know if you need help looking for bottle caps.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Really glad your court date went well. I remember the anxiety I used to feel. It was always worse than the actual event.
Those stress dreams are something else. I had quite a few, but the one I remember best is when the judge told me and my ex we both had to prepare a musical number pleading our cases, like a Broadway-style song and dance routine. I spent the whole time looking for bottle caps to stick in the soles of my shoes so that I could tap dance convincingly (what is it with shoes, lol) and woke up with my heart pounding because it was my turn to perform and I realized I hadn't made up a song.
Sending hugs and strength your way. Let me know if you need help looking for bottle caps.
Ladyscribbler, that is so profound!

It really is such a song and dance. And isn't it wonderful that your performance was well-received, even without having to make up a "song"? As you said in another post, you were enough. I hope I will be, too.

Thank you for your support.