SO.....What Does YOUR Husband Do for a Living???

Old 06-03-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SO.....What Does YOUR Husband Do for a Living???

I HATE that question.

Sitting with a group of women chatting and THAT question always comes up.... Each of them responding with a tone of pride in what their husbands do for a living.

Next it's my turn to answer and all eyes are on me.. I blink and gulp, stammer and stutter my way through a very brief and low-toned response. Next, I quickly change the subject to something else...Anything ELSE.

They would NEVER understand, ANYONE who has never lived THIS would Ever understand. That is why I come here....daily... to SR...because YOU and I UNDERSTAND.

SO what does MY husband do for a living??????

My husband is a Crack Head....

That is what he does for a living. And as far as living up to his job description I do have to say he does a fine job... Crack is and has always been his number one priority. I mean he will work weekends and overtime, basically he will put 24/7 into his addiction..I mean job description. He will let nothing get in his way of a job well done, not health, home, wife, kids, morals or safety...I'm telling you nothing will get in the way of his career path.

Yes my husband smokes Crack for a Living

This has been his ONLY career choice since I've been in a relationship with him. So far I haven't seen a paycheck yet.. I keep paying the bills BUT he has paid me double time in PROMISES.

You may wonder What does his job title entail???

Smoking Crack for a living means you HAVE to have a " ME FIRST" Mentality to really get a foot in the door..

Lies and Manipulation are the name of the game. You have to be prepared to lie to your wife, mother, sister and brother and Hell you even have to LIE to yourself...

Denial is essential...It will keep you on this career path for years...

STEALING... For job security reasons you can't have any qualms about stealing. Anybody and anything is fair game.. Even your babies piggy bank is not off limits. If you can take it and IT can put a rock in your pipe then it's "All in a days work".

You have to be a good co-worker, maybe even a "people person" . You will have to throw yourself into the trenches with other addicts, crack heads, whores and dealers. It's a "Dog Eat Dog" world and you have to be willing to descend the ladder of UN-sucess with theses people.

Anyone who really wants to make a difference in this career choice will want to buy some books, videos etc. on subjects such as, "How to string them along", "Finding your next enabler", "Promises that sound genuine". A good education is invaluable.

There is no dress code or hygiene standards. Come as you are. You might start out healthy and high maintenance, but Crack will soon cut you down to size. In fact the more you deteriorate the better it gets!

Brain Cells cannot be a priority to you as you will loose MANY during your career. In fact health can't be a concern at all...as this line of work will reek havoc on your mind, heart, and lungs. ( TIP: you might want to have chapstick on hand for the pesky burns to your lips you get from that nasty hot pipe)

Lastly when your nearing retirement from this awful career choice and you realize you lost everything and everyone you will always have your career motto to fall back on: "It's not MY fault"

SO.... I finally had the Nerve to answer the question "What Does Your Husband Do For A Living?"

Sprinkled with a little "Humor" for my sake.

Any Thoughts? Anyone have anything to add to the "Job Description"
Old 06-04-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Terrible situation. Wonderful wit.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep, sounds like an accurate job description.

What is your next right step to take care of yourself?
Old 06-04-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hate to admit I chuckled through that. And related to you a lot! Have to see some sort of amusement in it all, right?

I hate the question also. My AH's addiction lead to multiple job losses leading me to the always reliable "He is in between jobs right now" ....
Old 06-04-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well written. Well said!
Old 06-04-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Yep, sounds like an accurate job description.

What is your next right step to take care of yourself?
Well for today my next right step is to enjoy a day at the beach with my kids. Can't wait to get out of the house!

And the more permanent right steps have been, separating from my AH, changing my phone number, initiating NO Contact, calling an attorney to finish up my my divorce paperwork, SR, Therapy, and joining the gym...

However it is a daily struggle...my mind and heart has a hard time letting go. And as soon as I make real progress my AH "pops" up out of nowhere trying hard to disable my defenses. And how easy it is to fall back into my own addiction of listening to the beautiful music that flows from his mouth... Then it becomes a nightmare..
Old 06-04-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Queenbee7 View Post
Well for today my next right step is to enjoy a day at the beach with my kids. Can't wait to get out of the house!

And the more permanent right steps have been, separating from my AH, changing my phone number, initiating NO Contact, calling an attorney to finish up my my divorce paperwork, SR, Therapy, and joining the gym...

However it is a daily struggle...my mind and heart has a hard time letting go. And as soon as I make real progress my AH "pops" up out of nowhere trying hard to disable my defenses. And how easy it is to fall back into my own addiction of listening to the beautiful music that flows from his mouth... Then it becomes a nightmare..
Wow Queenbee, you sound like you are working really hard. Yippee for kids at the beach!

The alcoholics talk about the AV (alcohol voice). This voice in their head tells them how they could have just one drink. Sounds like you get an actual external voice luring you back into the chaos .
Old 06-04-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Bekindalways;5984695

The alcoholics talk about the AV (alcohol voice). This voice in their head tells them how they could have just one drink.[/QUOTE]

Very GOOD point.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hope778 View Post
I hate to admit I chuckled through that. And related to you a lot! Have to see some sort of amusement in it all, right?

I hate the question also. My AH's addiction lead to multiple job losses leading me to the always reliable "He is in between jobs right now" ....
I never thought of that, "He's in between jobs right now"... Good idea though lol

My AH has NEVER had a job during our marriage. Although he did pretend to have a job for 4 months. He would leave early in the morning and then not come home till 11pm-2am. (Who works 18+ hr days lol) When I asked for a paycheck he said he was "investing" the money. All he was really doing was smoking crack all day....

It takes a wife really wanting to believe her husband and have him around to except such obvious bull!

My AH did have a good job while we were dating. He also was sober for 12yrs 5months although most of that sobriety was while he was incarcerated. He was injured on the job and was prescribed some strong pain pills and well we know the rest of the story....

Those pills led to alcohol...oxy....meth.....crack
Old 06-05-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hope778 View Post

Same. It's been that or he isn't in any shape to work.

It doesn't already help that his methadone clinic is strict. Even when you're getting takehomes which is only for 2-3 days and takes months (like a year or so), you still have 6 hours of group a week at set times with 4:00 being the latest. You're either forced into part-time or all night work if you can find somewhere that will be flexible enough. Most of them don't work especially because they have records.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My STBXH does oxy and meth for a living.

They don't pay well. Luckily he's found brilliant ways to scam the government. He's been able to convince the military to pay him out for injuries he didn't even sustain while in service. He also collects for PTSD. His scams aren't limited to the government- I believed them, too, until stumbling upon some paperwork recently. I even became his caregiver for a while. They paid me $3500 a month, but I never saw a penny. About $7,000 a month, total, but of course, it all got "invested" in his number one business. I started going to school and got financial aid to do so. That also got invested. I remember being the only one in my class without an actual biology textbook- mine was downloaded illegally and I was very ungrateful that he took the time to do that. I mean, so what if the section on colors was black and white? Always complaining. He also had to take out loans and credit cards in my name because sometimes you have to spend money to (snort oxy) make money. Really, his dedication is impressive.

Now that we're going through a divorce, he's had to come up with new schemes to fund his business. Most involve hiding or lying about assets and bank accounts.

My kids tell me that he's found a new assistant, and that she's been there on every visit. I feel sorry for her that she's taken my position. She has no idea what she's in for.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hechosedrugs View Post
My STBXH does oxy and meth for a living.

They don't pay well. Luckily he's found brilliant ways to scam the government. He's been able to convince the military to pay him out for injuries he didn't even sustain while in service. He also collects for PTSD. His scams aren't limited to the government- I believed them, too, until stumbling upon some paperwork recently. I even became his caregiver for a while. They paid me $3500 a month, but I never saw a penny. About $7,000 a month, total, but of course, it all got "invested" in his number one business. I started going to school and got financial aid to do so. That also got invested. I remember being the only one in my class without an actual biology textbook- mine was downloaded illegally and I was very ungrateful that he took the time to do that. I mean, so what if the section on colors was black and white? Always complaining. He also had to take out loans and credit cards in my name because sometimes you have to spend money to (snort oxy) make money. Really, his dedication is impressive.

Now that we're going through a divorce, he's had to come up with new schemes to fund his business. Most involve hiding or lying about assets and bank accounts.

My kids tell me that he's found a new assistant, and that she's been there on every visit. I feel sorry for her that she's taken my position. She has no idea what she's in for.
Thank you for sharing your story ..
It's amazing to me the lengths a using addicts will go to.. if only they would decide to use such resourcefulness to getting sober...
Old 06-08-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

imagine if we could corral all the brilliance and savvy to the good!? honestly, addicts are a uniquely skilled set of individuals......who can sell ice cubes to Eskimos, and matches and gas to a pine tree. a buddy of mine from WAY back in the day now runs a couple hugely successful businesses......at one time he was a coke dealer. i told him, dude, you obviously know MATH, in metric even, and you know how to make money, you can surely run a legit business and not have to do all the dodging and diving???