Home Drug Test, Opiates

Old 05-27-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home Drug Test, Opiates

My son lives at home and may continue to do as long as he abides by the rules we agreed to (in writing). One stipulation is that he will take an in-home drug test when requested. He's getting tested at IOP so I don't have an immediate need, but I'd like to have a couple at home, should the need arise and so that item in our "contract" doesn't seem like an empty threat. Any recommendations of a good product to use (or a bad one to avoid)? Urine or saliva? Cheap would be lovely if possible :-)

I had asked this on another site and was accused of being codependent and enabling - which blew my mind because the contract we used was taken almost word for word off of yet another recovery site's page.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know a friend of mine bought a 12 panel kit at Walgreens for around $30 -$40 dollars to have at her house to test her husband after he had completed a program.

I wish if the need arises for you to have to use that test kit that the results are better than they were with her husbands, sadly he did not pass and was asked to leave the home.

Again sadly, he did not readily leave which brought up another whole later of crap she had to deal with.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with other sites, SR is a great wealth of experience and knowledge.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

PS: forgot to say WELCOME aboard!!!
Old 05-27-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can get urine tests at just about any pharmacy, CVS, Rite Aid, etc.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that it is pretty easy to manipulate the tests. (fake urine, diluted samples, soaps, tampering, etc.)
Old 05-27-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, ata and hope, for your responses and the welcome :-) Well thank God I did have one of those urine tests in the house. I'd written this topic because I was hoping to find something less expensive to have for just in case, but I did have this one that we spent a lot of money for ($40 ish?). I just now finished writing a long post in the family section just now about my son's car being stolen from his work today (though the police officer said technically it's not "stolen" it's "taken without permission") by someone he knows and used in a crime. But when four police officers show up at your house and say, "where's your car" and "who has your car, it was used in a felony" -- yup, I was lucky all I had was a panic attack, not a heart attack or STROKE! When I picked him up from work, I asked him to take a test and he said sure, no problem. Took it and passed. I made him take it in his room (no water to dilute, etc.).
Old 05-28-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have heard that they have $1 ones at Dollar Tree stores. However, I'm not sure I would trust their accuracy.

Doctor's offices often offer drug screenings for a low rate (about the same as a good kit). Our company uses them for pre-employment screenings and screenings for employees who cause accidents or get injured on the job. They know how to make it pretty impossible to cheat, by supervising the test, testing them temperature, checking for chemicals you can take to cheat the test, etc.

But, honestly, I can't imagine walking my brother into the doctor's office and asking for one. Walking an employee in is much different.

Rather than diluting urine, most of the people I know who cheat on drug tests use someone else's urine. If they know there's a possibility of being tested, for example at businesses where they do randoms, they'll keep enough on hand to test. They buy it from someone who can test clean and keep it on their body in pill bottles, ziplock bags, etc. Just a heads-up on that.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

JRM, that had to have been scary, 4 police officers showing up at your door. It was wise of you to test your son, glad it was negative!!