Still Breathing

Old 04-28-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Breathing

4 months ago my world changed forever. 4 months ago I had to remind myself to breathe and hold back the tears during every conversation I had with anyone. My husband had been a heroin user for a year and half and I never new, I still blame myself for not knowing, for not seeing the signs but I can't change that now. What I wanted to say today is 4 Months ago today I wasn't sure if I would ever be ok again, If I would ever stop thinking about, It consumed me and changed me. Over the past 4 months there have been ups and downs and good days and bad for him and I but Today I can sit here and say I am OK and I will be ok. My husband is clean and using suboxone and seeing a doctor regularly, we talk, and for the most part were good. I don't know when it happened how long it took but it just happened and for those who find them selves in a position similar to mine just know that it does get better but logging on today and catching up on posts I am reminded that just because were ok today doesn't mean the fight is over, addiction is never cured and everyday will always be a struggle for our addicts But at least Today I am ok.

After holding my story in for so long with NO one I could talk to cause there's no one you can tell about something like this that will understand and not judge you unless that person too has been in similar shoes. This group saved me from myself, I felt safe to tell my story and share my feelings and for that I am beyond grateful.
Thank you for being here then, Now, and in the future.

Missy
Old 04-28-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Missy, I am glad you are here. Being in recovery either as the addict, or a codependent, or whatever your role may be, it's taught to live a day at a time. That is a really hard thing to accomplish, and many of us go down the lane of future tripping on a regular basis. It's really great that you are living in this moment, today, and are doing well.

Hugs and blessings to you.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this Missy.

You sound really wise in that you know addiction is a life long fight.