Worn out by my despair.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worn out by my despair.

Hi..I'm new here and am completely exhausted by my sadness and frustration of the situation with my boyfriend of over 7 years and his drug use from cocaine and now to daily use of meth.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm sorry Sally, you will find much support & understanding here. I see this is posted under Newly sober thread & you might have better support in the friends & family threads. A Mod may see this & move it there. Be kind to yourself
Old 04-13-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Sadly. So glad you found this website. Come on over to the friends and family forum. Lots of us have been in similar situations and can understand.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadlymissinghim View Post
Hi..I'm new here and am completely exhausted by my sadness and frustration of the situation with my boyfriend of over 7 years and his drug use from cocaine and now to daily use of meth.
Then break up with him? Why would you stay around if he's dragging you down emotionally this long? His addiction and personality is only going to get worse with daily meth use. Better leave while you can before he gets to a stage where he becomes a dangerous burden to you.

Move on with your life if he won't change. And also, an addict will lie out his teeth, he will tell you things you want to hear, but he is only deceiving you.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome SMH
Old 04-14-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Take a look at our friends and family forum. Lots of insight there.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Sadlymissinghim!

I moved your post to the Friends and Family Forum.

I'm sorry for what brings you here.

We have a very supportive community.

You've come to the right place.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sadly there is no room for you in his life anymore....coke, and now meth have taken over. quit fighting, you won't win. he is chemically, mentally, physically held hostage. and with meth, very likely to become exceedingly dangerous.

save yourself. you didn't sign up for this. you don't need this in YOUR life. it will ONLY get worse...........far worse than you can even imagine.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He is a married man: married to his addictions. Being addicted to any substance is a big problem. But being addicted to meth seems to be even more disastrous and takes a person down faster than most other substances. It's a frightening world dealing with meth addicts.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Anvil and teatreeoil are right, meth is a dangerous and evil drug. Educate yourself as much as possible.

I was living with a meth addict and after a while, I felt like I was going crazy myself. My ex was a very convincing liar and it got to the point where I was second guessing everything in my life. There was no peace and I was in a constant state of depression, sadness, anger, and frustration.

It's your boyfriend's decision to use, but it's also your decision to stay with him. Some questions to ask yourself: When was the last time I was truly happy? What am I getting out of this relationship? Is he the partner I need and want? Does he love and respect me (and himself)? Is he showing me through his actions that he wants to quit using drugs? (words are meaningless, look for actions)

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you'll continue to reach out for support. The people on this board are very familiar with addiction and I found this site to be a life saver for me. Sending you lots of hugs.