Does it ever work out?

Old 03-23-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I spent too many years of my life attaching MY happiness and future onto someone else having to make major changes in their life to ensure my contentment. When all along it was ME who needed to make the major changes.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was happy for the first 3 months, after the first relapse the happiness decreased, he tried to get sober (half-heartedly) four relapses later and a year after the first one, I was miserable. I stayed because I thought it would get better, but I realized that his disease was making me sick, my disease was my codependency. I left 8 months ago, it's the happiest I've been in the last 2.5 years. He's still out and using.

When the pain of staying is worse than the pain of letting go, you'll be ready.

Praying for you and your family.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you for the words and for being honest. I'm sure I will figure this out, sometime. I have started getting help for me and I as get better, I pray I get stronger. As of right now, it's bad but not bad, if that makes sense. I just don't know what to do right now, pray I do soon. I don't believe it's too late for ah and I know he is battling inside. I guess we will see. Only God knows how this will end, wished he'd give me a heads up.