lots of anger

Old 03-17-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lots of anger

Hello, family. I tried going to Al-anon and failed yesterday I hate ex, I hate heroin, I hate the situation he put me in. I am sitting in my house, getting ADT security put in with a freaking camera!! Another expense, another monthly bill. His car that is registered on my name is getting repoed, I called the bank, I can't pay for mine and his cars. I can imagine what it will do to my credit and how much I will still own on it. I have to take care of 3 kids and 2 freaking dogs. He wanted the dogs, not me. Now I have 5 kids.

I have so much hate for this heroin addicted cheating SOB, HATE, HATE, HATE. I know it's not healthy for me. My oldest is 13 years old and I can leave her with my youngest to go to Al-anon, but I am just like - I have to go to meetings because of YOU???? F that.

Did al-anon helped anyone who already left their addicts?
Old 03-17-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Glitter, your anger is very valid, I'd be steaming mad too. And it's good to vent and get it out, no need to stuff anything anymore.

My oldest is 13 years old and I can leave her with my youngest to go to Al-anon, but I am just like - I have to go to meetings because of YOU???? F that.
Sweetie, that's not how it works. You don't have to do anything because of him. Going to meetings is about US, taking wonderful care of ourselves and a place and program that helps us find our balance again and let go of the pain we hold inside. It has absolutely nothing to do with "them", just us and our healing.

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, but if I was your real life friend I'd encourage you to give meetings a chance, try several until you find one that fits. I promise, cross my codie heart, that once you find a good meeting you will be sooooo glad you persevered.

Extra hugs today because you sound like you need them. And one more for the courage to take care of business because it needed taking care of. Your credit rating can be restored in short time if you get these bad debts behind you.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Being angry is fine, and normal.

However, don't allow your anger to cloud your reason.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Sweetie - there is nothing wrong with anger - it's just an emotion, like being happy, sad, joyful, hungry, sleepy, etc - it's how we act & react to these emotions that sometimes can cause us difficulties. . .

For me, going to Al-Anon helped me learn how to deal with these emotions in a healthy way ~ something I had not learned in my first 40 years of life.

I didn't go to the meetings because of an alcoholic/addict - I went because I wanted peace - I wanted to have healthy coping skills -
As a mother of 5 daughters - I wanted to be able to show them something different so I needed to DO something different.

That's why I went to meetings - that's what the program has given me.

keep seeking, healthy & reaching out -

pink hugs,